• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

It took months for the NCAA to issue a ruling; so, at a minimum, it will be weeks before the appeal is decided, pretty safe to assume that Reid won't be playing for at least the first two to three weeks of the season, if at all.

Really didn't think Reid would get a waiver anyway, what was our claim?
I'm fairly sure there is a lot more to the case than this, but by transferring he has gone from 2,600 miles away from home to 230 miles away from home

Really didn't think Reid would get a waiver anyway, what was our claim?
It was reported that Reid's waiver was based, at least in part, on Will Wade's shenanigans at LSU which forced the initial transfer. Essentially that Reid's first transfer from LSU to Gonzaga should not count since LSU was sanctioned by the NCAA after Reid enrolled at LSU.

Last edited:
Trilly vs Forbes!

“They asked for some more, and we provided it. So we feel good about it. I feel good about the process. I’m just waiting to hear what they have to say. We haven’t heard yet. When we do, we’ll deal with it from there. Hopefully, he gets to play. If he doesn’t, then maybe we’ll look at an appeal.”

It was reported that Reid's waiver was based, at least in part, on Will Wade's shenanigans at LSU which forced the initial transfer. Essentially that Reid first transfer from LSU to Gonzaga should not count since LSU was sanctioned by the NCAA after Reid enrolled at LSU.
That's a strong argument.

O/U total games for Damari and Efton at 20.

I'd hammer the under. Unfortunately.

Wonder when the staff will finally admit/announce that Reid's waiver was denied? I understand the desire to let the entire process play out behind closed doors, but it's gonna be pretty obvious when we start playing games without him. And it's gonna be asked anytime Forbes has a microphone in front of him.

Wonder when the staff will finally admit/announce that Reid's waiver was denied? I understand the desire to let the entire process play out behind closed doors, but it's gonna be pretty obvious when we start playing games without him. And it's gonna be asked anytime Forbes has a microphone in front of him.
Need to apply like public pressure on the NCAA

You think Forbes was flat out lying to everyone last week? I could understand this POV if he hadn’t said anything publicly but he did just a few days ago.

The season hasn't started but I am worried this may be a what if season... what if Monsanto was healthy all year, what if reid got the waiver, etc
That's where I am too. I hope not, and Damari came back great last year eventually, but the injuries are piling up on him. Pretty much assume Reid is a no go, would just be a cherry. Need a ton of production from Carr.

You think Forbes was flat out lying to everyone last week? I could understand this POV if he hadn’t said anything publicly but he did just a few days ago.

Nah. He’s a straight shooter. My guess is we’ve heard something since then, but he hasn’t had to be “on the record” about anything.

Or Trilly could just be assuming the pending cases are denials.

It’s just weird to me that it’s less than a week from the Elon opener and we don’t know.

What’s going to really piss me off will be when they soften their stance for next season and we just get porked for this year.

Additional information that UNC “forgot” to include in their prior application. (And a public whining campaign that included the threat of a lawsuit by some part of the state of NC against the NCAA).

I know we all hate UNC but they talk shit to the NCAA every chance they get and seen to be rewarded for it . I’d like to see Wake get away from the nice guy routine and tell the ncaa that lawsuit is typed up and ready to send… their move.

I know we all hate UNC but they talk shit to the NCAA every chance they get and seen to be rewarded for it . I’d like to see Wake get away from the nice guy routine and tell the ncaa that lawsuit is typed up and ready to send… their move.
10/4!!! That’s the truth, brother…

Back