• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Do you have examples of what happened during his time at Wake or are we speculating out of our asses again?

Unlike Dino (allegedly), Skip would park in the small lot by the football practice field over by the golf center and make the walk to the Basketball offices.

AHSLO, Dino was rude to me when I casually said hi to him at the Quiznos at Peace Haven. Skip offered once offered me pizza, for FREE.

Unlike Dino (allegedly), Skip would park in the small lot by the football practice field over by the golf center and make the walk to the Basketball offices.

AHSLO, Dino was rude to me when I casually said hi to him at the Quiznos at Peace Haven. Skip offered once offered me pizza, for FREE.
I saw Dino in the Charlotte airport post-Wake and he was very courteous.

Dino pled guilty to attempting to extort seventeen months of severance pay from his boss Chris Mack, after Gaudio lost his job as a L'ville assistant. He had no choice, but to cop a plea because Dino threatened Chris Mack while being video-taped. He is a dumb-ass. There is no defense for an adult being that stupid.

The ending at Louisville for Dino and Mack was not very Skip-like.
First off, this has nothing to do with his time at Wake. Second, Mack seems like more of a dick in this than Dino, and third, I actually spent time with Dino as a student because I was friendly with his daughter. I also know some of his former colleagues at ESPN, including the guy he was paired with for most games. He is a well liked person. Is he perfect? Nope. But the Wake rewrite on Dino is insane. Our fanbase makes it sound like he’s akin to Hamas and yet there’s like zero real evidence he did a thing wrong, not to mention he coached while grieving his best friend. It’s been discussed ad nauseam. I wasn’t trying to reignite this debate. My one point is that I see positive qualities in Forbes that I also saw in Skip. He’s for the people- and I love it.

Dino was not liked by many on campus. Far from the Everyman persona that Skip had. Not speculation. Direct word from a few people who worked at Wake during the time.

Dino was not liked by many on campus. Far from the Everyman persona that Skip had. Not speculation. Direct word from a few people who worked at Wake during the time.

Yet they trusted him to run the program after Skip died and gave him an extension when making him interim was the obvious decision.

Good article on Canka on GoDeacs.com. Forbes sounds very high on him but acknowledges it's going to take him some time.
Love hearing this. Forbes isn't going to go outta his way to sound high on a player unless there's some legs to it.

Yet they trusted him to run the program after Skip died and gave him an extension when making him interim was the obvious decision.
Definitely understand what you're saying. I just think there were, understandably, some impactful emotional decisions made around that time.

That said, it's still a business and emotions shouldn't be making giant decisions like that.

Right. They made a decision to mourn Skip over running a basketball program.

Do your students sociology exams only involve one line answers to complex situations?
Sir, this is an internet message board.

Nobody wants to see long drawn out posts about old arguments except you I guess. Wellman and campus leadership who get paid to make smart decisions made an emotional decision and the program paid the price for it. What more is there to say all these years later?

Back