• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

We can almost certainly reverse engineer the KP system though based on years of numbers. We know that the NET predominantly uses adjusted efficiency (which is what most metrics out there use) aka how many points a possession you score adjusted for how good the defense you played is. We don’t know for the NET what the “boost” is for team value index which gives teams an advantage for beating “good” teams. That aspect seems totally vague

I know I joke about the #eyetest and the advanced metrics are surely better than nothing on selection Sunday, but they have a lot of work to do if VT is still ranked ahead of us after yesterday.
Think of it this way: VT was roughly 30 spots ahead of us through 11 games each on the heels of slightly better metrics, a marquee win over a top 10 team at a neutral site, and no bad losses. Yesterday’s ass whooping (which along with Florida is more or less our entire resume to date) closed the entire 30 point gap in 1 game. And if we keep playing like that we will leave them in our dust.

We can almost certainly reverse engineer the KP system though based on years of numbers. We know that the NET predominantly uses adjusted efficiency (which is what most metrics out there use) aka how many points a possession you score adjusted for how good the defense you played is. We don’t know for the NET what the “boost” is for team value index which gives teams an advantage for beating “good” teams. That aspect seems totally vague
Doubtful, as he tweaks his model every year.

This next game against BC is personal. For Forbes certainly. They have bitched us twice. And Post flicked off our student section. We got Reid now, and Keller has come into his own. A bit of betting advice: take the Deacs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we win tomorrow I’ll have my hopes up. We have a great team this year and if we can get over our BC blues what can’t we do?

Are you suggesting a man who lived in first century Palestine prior to the invention of toilet paper wouldn’t have had sweaty dingleberries? Either you believe in the Trinity, or you don’t. God becoming flesh is going to involve some hygiene issues.

Are you suggesting a man who lived in first century Palestine prior to the invention of toilet paper wouldn’t have had sweaty dingleberries? Either you believe in the Trinity, or you don’t. God becoming flesh is going to involve some hygiene issues.
It was, at the least, a cringe comment I would expect on a reddit forum. I see you didn't choose buddha or mohammed for your comment. I wonder why that is?

It was, at the least, a cringe comment I would expect on a reddit forum. I see you didn't choose buddha or mohammed for your comment. I wonder why that is?
At least he didn't draw a cartoon of a profit, for multiple reasons.

Not my religious traditions mostly. Less familiar with the hairy underbellies of their deities. To be fair, Jesus is an Islamic figure too, so I covered a couple bases.

Back