• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Isn’t the first round still the typical threshold? Doesnt feel like he came to Wake to play a season hoping to be one of the last picks in the draft.
Without thinking too hard at other rosters, he would have a chance at being preseason ACC POY if he stayed.
Depends on if RTQ pays him enough to be worth delaying the start of his pro career.

As much as we as Wake fans would like to think that another year at Wake would be a huge boost to Sallis’ draft stock, he would more than likely get drafted around the same spot in 2025 even with improved stats in his senior year.

5 of Wake’s 7 losses come from opponents ranked 70 or worse on KenPom.
NC is the only team that they’ve played that is currently ranked higher than them.

NC is the only team that they’ve played that is currently ranked higher than them.

Well, it was fun to squeeze the orange tonight in a blow-out win, so let's start a winning streak!

Isn’t the first round still the typical threshold? Doesnt feel like he came to Wake to play a season hoping to be one of the last picks in the draft.
Without thinking too hard at other rosters, he would have a chance at being preseason ACC POY if he stayed.
Depends on if RTQ pays him enough to be worth delaying the start of his pro career.

As much as we as Wake fans would like to think that another year at Wake would be a huge boost to Sallis’ draft stock, he would more than likely get drafted around the same spot in 2025 even with improved stats in his senior year.
Yeah. I'm not sure how many college players boost their stock with another year in college. They boost their stock by going through the draft process. I think Sallis would be viewed as similar to Alondes and perhaps have a similar trajectory except Alondes was thought of as a PG or at least a combo. I'm not sure if NBA scouts think of Sallis like that even though that was the word coming in. He'll have to show that he's not an undersized SG and he has range and playmaking ability to either be a PG or a combo off the bench.

So if Kenpom was legit, Wake would only have 1 loss?

At this point I'd actually think there is a better chance of hunter coming back than damari even though I'd expect both to be gone

There's a better case for Damari to stay just to get in shape for the draft process.

Anyone understand why Gonzaga is so much higher than us in NET? 0-5 quad 1, 3-1 quad 2. We are 0-3 quad 1 and 5-4 quad 2. Gonzaga is ranked 27 and we are 41. Doesn’t add up…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone understand why Gonzaga is so much higher than us in NET? 0-5 quad 1, 3-1 quad 2. We are 0-3 quad 1 and 5-4 quad 2. Gonzaga is ranked 27 and we are 41. Doesn’t add up…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume they played and beat slightly less shitty q3/4 teams. We didn't help ourselves with such a dumb schedule.

Kentucky now stands just a few spots above Wake. They’ve lost 3 home games including UNCW. Other than the neutral win over NC, they don’t have much of a resume. They are still hovering around 5 seed.

Kentucky now stands just a few spots above Wake. They’ve lost 3 home games including UNCW. Other than the neutral win over NC, they don’t have much of a resume. They are still hovering around 5 seed.
They have a much better home venue, thus more success on neutral courts. #science

Assuming we win out, what are thoughts on tournament odds there? Was talking with friends and one of them was still high on our chances as long as we’re top 25 in KP and similar in NET. I guess winning out would get us there, but can we win out? Talent-wise this team absolutely deserves a spot but resume-wise I’m just not sure. I’m worried there’s gonna be better options come selection day.

Back