• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I’d bet good money the west coast road trips are Thursday/Saturday. Standard time slots for PAC-12 road trips (which have historically taken place in sets of 2 games). Also likely late night slots for both.

When those teams come East, there are more TV options and I’d guess they handle the time slots a little more variably, though still likely 1 day between games (Thursday/Saturday the most likely but Saturday/Monday could be an occasional option).

At the latest, think we will know if there is anything to the Monsanto social media posts mid-way through the first half tomorrow. If Forbes subs-in Monsanto for Carr, then there is nothing to see. If Monsanto is a DNP in the first half, we have a story to dig into.

Can someone summarize this Monsanto issue? Is he in the dog house?

He's not officially in the dog house as far as anyone has reported.

In his first five games back, he shot 12-26 from 3 (46%)

Over the last six games, he has shot 5-23 from 3 (22%)

He has really struggled to guard anybody, so if he's shooting 22%, it is tough to justify playing him

And, he posted a video on his Instagram that seemed...reflective

My theory is that something happened to re-aggravate his knee in the first half of the GT game. He came out from halftime with an extra wrap, made no attempt to warm up, and although he played in the second half that night, that was the fifth game back; in my opinion, the turning point.

People are interpreting the titles of rap songs that were set on top of pictures of him hooping on his IG story (which is temporary and only lasts for 24 hours) as him indicating that he is fed up with playing at Wake.

This is where we are in 2024.

I’d bet good money the west coast road trips are Thursday/Saturday. Standard time slots for PAC-12 road trips (which have historically taken place in sets of 2 games). Also likely late night slots for both.

When those teams come East, there are more TV options and I’d guess they handle the time slots a little more variably, though still likely 1 day between games (Thursday/Saturday the most likely but Saturday/Monday could be an occasional option).
Can't wait for our first 10PM EST tip lol.

So we added these schools for TV, but it's not good for TV. Seems about right.

I'm kind of surprised honestly Damari is still getting as many minutes as he is....
Really?

He played 6 minutes against Duke and 5 against ND. What were you expecting? If Damari doesn't play, the rotation is down to Parker and whatever Marsh can give. Generally, agree that a bench is overrated at this time of year if all the starters are healthy, but Reid is chronically in foul trouble, and Marsh is almost never trusted for more than a handful of minutes.

Really?

He played 6 minutes against Duke and 5 against ND. What were you expecting? If Damari doesn't play, the rotation is down to Parker and whatever Marsh can give. Generally, agree that a bench is overrated at this time of year if all the starters are healthy, but Reid is chronically in foul trouble, and Marsh is almost never trusted for more than a handful of minutes.
Personally I'd rather give Monsanto minutes to Parker who has some lateral quickness and can play defense. Monsanto is just a liability on defense as much as I wish he was able to come back better than ever.

Personally I'd rather give Monsanto minutes to Parker who has some lateral quickness and can play defense. Monsanto is just a liability on defense as much as I wish he was able to come back better than ever.

Monsanto is playing power forward

We don't want Parker playing power forward

Against UVA, Duke, Notre Dame, Monsanto + Carr = 40 minutes

Monsanto is playing power forward

We don't want Parker playing power forward

Against UVA, Duke, Notre Dame, Monsanto + Carr = 40 minutes
I don't know much about basketball as I played baseball exclusively but aren't rosters in hoops more fluid than just this guys a PF therefore I must sub in a PF? Don't teams do four guard lineups now?

I guess it didn't look to me that Damari can stop a guard or a forward so either go small or give Marsh or Keller more minutes.

If he were still shooting 3s at a forty percent clip I'd say the trade off is worth it but he's got to be shooting 10-20 percent recently

teams play four guards if one or more have some size - but a lineup of Boopie/Parker/Cam/Sallis/anyone is going to get killed in the post/on the glass

and yes, I gave his shooting percentages up above

Manning tried to play 4 guards in 2018, coming off the tournament bid, since 5 of our 6 playable guys were guards. It did not end well, even with Doral Moore being a top 25 rebounder in the country at each end of the floor.

yeah, and Chaundee Brown was much bigger/thicker than our current guards, despite looking like random dudes in the Joel concourse

Back