• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Yes I remain convinced that the things that send folks over the edge on here ("I'm not watching anymore Wake basketball") don't actually watch other teams play. Sure, Wake is having an incredibly bizarre year but the reason teams are "bubble" teams is because they're deficient in multiple ways
I try not to be so dramatic anymore. But we are leaps and bounds worse on the road than any team comparable. We have a strong argument for most frustrating team to this year.

Not a stats guy but it almost seems impossible to be that bad on the road.

We lose a heartbreaker to a very bad GT, our third loss in a row, in a game we were favored by like 20 and the responses are “I still think we’ll make the tournament because of our NET ranking” and “even if we don’t make the tournament at least we are exciting to watch” Jesus.

Net should drop a decent bit considering we needed to win by 14 in Torvik and KP just to hold serve.

The Wake thing to do now will be to blow the doors off Clemson by 30 and then Numbers and Doofus come in the next day going, "WAIT WAIT WAIT THE METRICS".

Just an epic collapse after finally making Lunardi’s magical cut with the Duke win.

One bit of good news, if we beat Clemson and Pitt beats State I believe losing tonight does nothing to affect our ACCT seeding. Win or lose tonight I think we woulda been the #5 regardless, though y'all can keep me honest there

One bit of good news, if we beat Clemson and Pitt beats State I believe losing tonight does nothing to affect our ACCT seeding. Win or lose tonight I think we woulda been the #5 regardless, though y'all can keep me honest there

WGAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was never part of the path. A whole bunch of losses leading to an early NIT exit is the path.

"The Path" for anyone still interested is a win against Clemson and a Q1 win in the ACCT. That'll put us at 4-7 for Q1 assuming Florida keeps it going. I don't know how likely that is after tonight and I'm not sure even doing that would be a guarantee, but there's still a chance. I guess. This really fucking stings. I thought this would be the year.

"The Path" for anyone still interested is a win against Clemson and a Q1 win in the ACCT. That'll put us at 4-7 for Q1 assuming Florida keeps it going. I don't know how likely that is after tonight and I'm not sure even doing that would be a guarantee, but there's still a chance. I guess. This really fucking stings. I thought this would be the year.
Gotta love a Wake fan who hasn't been abused his whole life.

And for those who would like to wallow in misery, assuming everything else in the season played out the same way, we beat Clemson, and we go 1-1 in the ACCT (per Torvik):

• Beating NC State and FSU would have us as a 9 seed
  • Beating just one of NC State or FSU would have us as a First Four game
  • Beating Virginia would have us as an 11 seed, last four byes
  • Beating one of Pitt or Notre Dame would have us as an 11 seed, last four byes
  • Beating Virginia Tech would have us as a 10 seed
  • Beating Utah would have us as an 11 seed, last four byes
  • Beating one of LSU or Georgia would have us as an 11 seed, First Four game

I'm not gonna keep doing this over and over for each blown halftime lead (especially since this would mess with who we go 1-1 with in the ACCT) but essentially if we win even just one of our blown games we're in the tournament.

Down to 41 in the NET. Probably don’t have to worry about being the best NET team to be left out.

What a shit show.

Picked up another Q1 win with UF making a big jump!

Sorry... Couldn't help myself.

Back