• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 ACC Tournament Discussion Thread

Brey needs to get a technical. His team is getting prison raped by these "officials".

I watched a good portion of the 2 earlier games and it was no secret why those teams were bad this season.

ND & VT actually have strong rosters… Really disappointing seasons.

Glad that VT won because they seem more likely to beat NCSU, but calling that a flagrant was such a terrible call. And Padulla milked it… was glad he missed a couple of FTs down the stretch.

Rough way to go out for Brey.

I’ve never seen a shitty free throw shooter get fouled and then commit his 5th foul on the dead ball, allowing a much better shooter come in to replace him and nail the FTs. Wasn’t there a rule where the opposing coach picked the shooter? Is that only due to injury?

I thought that was clearly a flagrant foul on ND. Seems others here disagree but you can’t run through a potential screen with your elbow up in the air

I thought that was clearly a flagrant foul on ND. Seems others here disagree but you can’t run through a potential screen with your elbow up in the air

Looked to me like Basile grabbed his arm and Zona tried to shake him off and his arm caught Padulla.

Either way, it was handled poorly. They made a call on the court (you can argue whether or not it was a foul on Padulla... I'd say probably not), but then they go to the monitor and call a flagrant 1 on the guy that was supposedly fouled? So he fouls out and then can't shoot the free throws? But VT gets the ball?

I mean, I understand all of that logically... It's just a shitty way of handling what looked like Zona being out of control (perhaps due to contact from Basile).

Just make a call and move on. Don't take 5 minutes to make what you think is a fair decision when there are 42 seconds left in the game.

Zona didn't even see Pedula. That's why he reacted so awkwardly to the contact and why the "common foul" initially called on Pedula. There was nothing flagrant about Zona's contact; the only way he could have avoided the contact was to have his arms cut off from his body. That was as a bad a "game-changing" late game call as I have seen.

Also, ND went 3-18 against a weak ACC with a pretty solid roster. Yes, ND lost Blake Wesley, but ND added Marcus Hammond, Niagara transfer, who was coveted by every Power Conference team, including WF. ND won 24 games last year and went 15-5 in the ACC and returned 3 starters. No way that team plus Marcus Hammond should have gone 3-18 in the ACC this year. Always liked Brey, but that was one the biggest "do less with more" coaching jobs in recent college hoop history. You can look at the Louisville roster (and coaching staff) and understand why they suck. ND has no excuse. If I am an AD looking at Mike Brey as a possibility, I would tread carefully; his team punted on this season.

They started the season #41 at KP and had one of the worst ATS records in the country. Certainly a team expected to be way better -- the anti-Pitt, basically

GT came out down 13 at half and tied it up.
Really wish Pitt beat Miami and got the 1 seed.

You guys should have seen the disappointed look on my wife's face when she came down into the basement, thinking I was working, and saw me eagerly watching GT vs. Pittsburgh.
I’m not even trying to hide it in any other room. My ass is sitting right in the living room.

Back