• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I think Houston was ok with us moving up to 1 because they thought we were going to take Stroud. Fucking fleeced em.

Well if the Texans really want Bryce they know what they have to do - the plan is all coming together

It is the fucking Texans bro.
There is that. McNair is a moron, but Caserio, Ryans and Slowik are not. And Easterby is no longer in the building. PFT had a piece today saying there are rumors that Caserio may be soon headed back to NE with the SF asst GM coming in. I can see where you are drafting between 2 guys on your board who you rate about equally going with the guy with the agent who you get along with better. And I can see taking AR15 at 2 because Ryans and Slowik think they can eventually make him into a generational talent. But you don't pass on the clear #2 pick because of his agent. And if I'm Caserio, and McNair tells me I can't draft Stroud, then I say I want out.

Well if the Texans really want Bryce they know what they have to do - the plan is all coming together

Brilliant to spread false rumors about Stroud to get the Texans to give up #12.

Corral to give up #9?
Corral might not even be on the team this year. We will probably cut him and stash him on the practice squad but there is a chance someone could pick him up. Not sure if Matt has shown us enough to keep an extra roster spot for him.

What is Reich's philosophy about having 3 QBs on the active roster? Seems like Corral, Eason, and a UFA will compete for QB3. If Reich puts 3 on the active roster, then one will make the team, another will make the practice squad, and the other will get cut. Hopefully the #1 pick gets plenty of preseason run.

What's the philosophy on starting Dalton until the #1 pick is ready? Like a few games then after he sucks turn it over?

No way. #1 pick starts from day 1. This roster has a nice ceiling, but it's not so good that starting a rookie will ruin it.

Corral might not even be on the team this year. We will probably cut him and stash him on the practice squad but there is a chance someone could pick him up. Not sure if Matt has shown us enough to keep an extra roster spot for him.
But he was mentored by Baker so you gotta give him a chance

no way - now that it sounds like the panthers are taking bryce, houston is backing off of a QB at #2 at all

You don't have to cut him. If he starts training camp on pup, I think you can move him straight to IR without exposing him by cutting him.

corral's injury really really sucked from a timing perspective

Drafting Corral sucked from a timing perspective. The injury just compounded it.

Back