• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Corral hasn’t even had a whole training camp and you people are ready to cut him.

Corral hasn’t even had a whole training camp and you people are ready to cut him.
Yeah, I don’t understand this. He was our 3rd round pick and only had 15 passing attempts before he got hurt, why are we dumping him already?

Biff and MDMH, do you all think Corral is going to beat out Dalton in training camp and Reich will go without an experienced QB?

Damiere Byrd has gone from a nice little UFA made good PR/KR to butt catch feel good story to a 30 year old veteran WR who has played for 5 different teams.

Byrd has 130 catches in his career and only 12 came from his three years with the Panthers. He had 22 punt and kick returns for the Panthers but only 7 since. So he's probably coming in as a WR.

pfft, we have time to sit on Corral. no need to drop or move him yet.

I mean there’s no reason to drop Corral but there’s also no real reason to talk about him. The second we traded for the #1 pick Corral’s ceiling in the NFL went from a guy that could get a chance to be a starter to hoping he can make a roster as a backup.

That happened as soon as he got hurt. A year ago, we knew there were two things that could have stopped the Panthers from drafting a franchise QB in 2023. Drafting a QB in 2022 who could be prove himself to be a starter as a rookie or Sam Dalton leads the Panthers to the playoffs. We were stuck with the latter and the former was a panic movie by Rhule.

Corral isn't going to make it to our practice squad without an injury designation. Someone will certainly pick him up just to take a closer look.

Houston may trade the #2 pick.
Yeah, they apparently aren't enamored with Stroud. I don't get it. But Indy will be more than happy to trade up to 2 to get him. Rumor is they really like Wilson, the TT edge.

Back