• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Yeah my post was mainly geared around no Burns deal and Marquis Hanes to IR

If someone here was like a Panthers flavored ice cream scoop master, now would be a dope time for a Burns update.

1694013964946.png

Gotta say post-camp holdouts seem like a more effective tactic than pre-camp holdouts unless the goal it to just not do training camp.

I'll firmly be on the anti-Fit side if he can't get this done after turning down two 1st for Burns and not including him in the package for the #1 pick.

Gotta say post-camp holdouts seem like a more effective tactic than pre-camp holdouts unless the goal it to just not do training camp.

I'll firmly be on the anti-Fit side if he can't get this done after turning down two 1st for Burns and not including him in the package for the #1 pick.
Yea, Fitt pretty much hinged his job on being able to get Burns signed.

bill simmons keeps saying he's out on the panthers due to skill positions

i'm not saying they're good, but it made me look up the pats... and i don't think i'd trade with them (2022 stats):

QB - Mac Jones - 2,997 yards / 14 TDs / 11 INTs / 65% completion
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - 210 carries / 1,040 yards rushing / 69 catches / 421 yards receiving / 6 total TDs
WR1 - JuJu - 78 catches / 933 yards / 3 TDs (w/ MAHOMES)
WR2 - DeVante Parker - 31 catches / 539 yards / 3 TDs
WR3 - Kendrick Bourne - 35 catches / 434 yards / 1 TD
TE - Hunter Henry - 41 catches / 509 yards / 2 TDs

VERSUS

QB - Bryce Young #1 Pick and Superstud
RB - Miles Sanders - 259 carries / 1,269 yards rushing / 20 catches / 78 receiving yards / 11 total TDs
WR1 - Thielen - 70 catches / 716 yards / 6 TDs
WR2 - Chark - 30 catches / 502 yards / 3 TDs
WR3 - Mingo (R) - but let's even go with TMJ for comparison - 28 catches / 490 yards / 1 TD
TE - Hurst - 52 catches / 414 yards / 2TDs

I would take Bryce's upside and Miles over Stevenson all day, everyday

Otherwise - fairly comparable skill positions

and Mingo might end up the best WR by the end of the season on either team

Oh Fit will sign Burns. It's not the Panthers holding up the signing, it's Burns. Fit would sign Burns right now but Burns isn't going to touch a piece of paper until Bosa signs.

bill simmons keeps saying he's out on the panthers due to skill positions

i'm not saying they're good, but it made me look up the pats... and i don't think i'd trade with them (2022 stats):

QB - Mac Jones - 2,997 yards / 14 TDs / 11 INTs / 65% completion
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson - 210 carries / 1,040 yards rushing / 69 catches / 421 yards receiving / 6 total TDs
WR1 - JuJu - 78 catches / 933 yards / 3 TDs (w/ MAHOMES)
WR2 - DeVante Parker - 31 catches / 539 yards / 3 TDs
WR3 - Kendrick Bourne - 35 catches / 434 yards / 1 TD
TE - Hunter Henry - 41 catches / 509 yards / 2 TDs

VERSUS

QB - Bryce Young #1 Pick and Superstud
RB - Miles Sanders - 259 carries / 1,269 yards rushing / 20 catches / 78 receiving yards / 11 total TDs
WR1 - Thielen - 70 catches / 716 yards / 6 TDs
WR2 - Chark - 30 catches / 502 yards / 3 TDs
WR3 - Mingo (R) - but let's even go with TMJ for comparison - 28 catches / 490 yards / 1 TD
TE - Hurst - 52 catches / 414 yards / 2TDs

I would take Bryce's upside and Miles over Stevenson all day, everyday

Otherwise - fairly comparable skill positions
Noted, but what is the point of comparing the Panthers to the Pats? Tallest midget contest? [insert Bryce Young joke here]

Oh Fit will sign Burns. It's not the Panthers holding up the signing, it's Burns. Fit would sign Burns right now but Burns isn't going to touch a piece of paper until Bosa signs.

it's not clear to me if burns is expecting bosa-level money? or just doesn't want to be wildly off whatever deal bosa gets and look silly?

Noted, but what is the point of comparing the Panthers to the Pats? Tallest midget contest? [insert Bryce Young joke here]

only because bill simmons keeps harping on how much he thinks the panthers are going to suck but the pats will be sneaky good

it's not clear to me if burns is expecting bosa-level money? or just doesn't want to be wildly off whatever deal bosa gets and look silly?
Burns is waiting on Bosa because his agent is confident it will reset the market for pass rushers, thus eeking out a higher number for Burns in the wake of it. Burns won't get what Bosa gets but he will surely get more if he signs after Bosa resets the market.

i'm going to guess that burns signs for 4 years / $97-101mm or thereabouts

i do hope he gets better at run defense

Back