• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

ESPN ‘bold predicted’ that Bryce would lead the rookies (or maybe/probably the league) in interceptions in part for this reason, that he doesn’t have much to throw to esp with these injuries. Never mind any OL concerns. At the very least he’s probably going to throw a ton of balls away.

A fair number of three and outs in our near future.

ESPN ‘bold predicted’ that Bryce would lead the rookies (or maybe/probably the league) in interceptions in part for this reason, that he doesn’t have much to throw to esp with these injuries. Never mind any OL concerns. At the very least he’s probably going to throw a ton of balls away.

There's got to be data on whether interceptions directly correlate with the quality of WRs on the team. My gut instinct would tell me that it only loosely correlates, if at all.

On the other hand, poor OL pass blocking almost definitely would correlate directly with more interceptions in my opinion.

There's got to be data on whether interceptions directly correlate with the quality of WRs on the team. My gut instinct would tell me that it only loosely correlates, if at all.

On the other hand, poor OL pass blocking almost definitely would correlate directly with more interceptions in my opinion.
Wildly disagree. Bad route running is a direct correlation to INT's. DB's are so good at the NFL level that a WR being a feet off on his route is absolutely an INT waiting to happen

Agree. I can see Bryce being a guy - and he already is - that throws the ball away if in doubt at all. DeacDaddy let's hope that he gets some blocking at least. I feel like this season could go in just about any direction. A part of me sees it going about like last year won/loss wise. Stumble hard early then look pretty good the back half of the season with mostly Ws.

Wildly disagree. Bad route running is a direct correlation to INT's. DB's are so good at the NFL level that a WR being a feet off on his route is absolutely an INT waiting to happen
Sure, WR mistakes can absolutely lead to INTs. But at least the QB can account for whether or not the WR is in the correct place before making a decision to throw the ball. So in that sense, the QB still has a substantial level of control over whether or not the INT will happen, because if the WR runs a sloppy route the QB can choose to just not throw him the ball. Bobbles/tipped INTs are the only example I can think of that would be 100% on the WR.

Poor pass blocking leads to the QB having to force things constantly which is going to drastically increase the INT rate, which I'd guess is a more common problem at the NFL level than route running causing INTs.

Sure, WR mistakes can absolutely lead to INTs. But at least the QB can account for whether or not the WR is in the correct place before making a decision to throw the ball. So in that sense, the QB still has a substantial level of control over whether or not the INT will happen, because if the WR runs a sloppy route the QB can choose to just not throw him the ball. Bobbles/tipped INTs are the only example I can think of that would be 100% on the WR.

Poor pass blocking leads to the QB having to force things constantly which is going to drastically increase the INT rate, which I'd guess is a more common problem at the NFL level than route running causing INTs.
This is 100% wrong. If they wait for someone to be open or in the right place it's over

So Bryce Young may be making his first start with Mingo, TMJ, and Shenault?

Did you see during last nights broadcast they showed I think Amon-Ra’s handwritten list of the players drafted before him as motivation? Terrace Marshall of course was on there.

I don't think TMJ has fully practiced in a while. He stinks when he is healthy, I can't imagine getting much out of him this week. This feels like a game where the Falcons run the ball straight up the middle to about 17 points, and the Panthers can't muster together more than 7 or 10.

I don't think TMJ has fully practiced in a while. He stinks when he is healthy, I can't imagine getting much out of him this week. This feels like a game where the Falcons run the ball straight up the middle to about 17 points, and the Panthers can't muster together more than 7 or 10.

Oh yeah. So Mingo, Shenault, and Smith-Marsette and that might be it.

They can elevate a few players from the practice squad, right? There are two practice squad WRs.

By the way, Kendall Hinton didn’t land on the Broncos practice squad as expected so he’s just hanging out there.

TMJ full participant today and not on the report. time for him to shine !
Hopefully he doesn't suck, but I doubt it. In any case, TMJ, Mingo, Shennault, and the Iowa WR has to be one of the worst starting NFL WR groups ever assembled. Maybe Thielen can get out there a little.

They did keep like 5 TEs on the roster, so I assume with Icky's struggles, Young's NFL virginity, and Reich's fondness for TEs that they'll run a ton of 2 or even 3 TE sets to throw short passes out of. It would help if any of the 5 TEs were any good, which is questionable, but I think they've hedged against the poor WRs as much as possible.

It would really suck if they put together all of this supposed coaching talent to go out and score like 6 points.

Back