• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Even if healthy, it’s not deep. If not healthy, it’s a liability.

Burns expected to play

It’s going to get done with Burns in short order. Relax

The deal isn’t done because of Burns, not Fit. But I guess that’s one of those things it depends on which side you’re listening to.

And it’s not a bad receiver group if they were actually healthy enough to play. Mingo is a stud. That kid‘s gonna be famous. Hurst and Sanders are also receiving weapons for Bryce. They will be fine.
But fine doesn't cut it for a passing offense in today's NFL. The NFL has mandated that via its rule changes, because they wanted higher scoring games. Without someone like Derrick Henry (or, ahem, CMC), a rookie QB and below-average WR/TE can't get it done. Especially with a questionable Oline. You need to consistently score 25+, ideally 30+, in today's NFL to win, because even really good defenses are going to give up at least 14-20 given the rules. I hope you're right about Mingo, but expecting a rookie QB/WR combo to carry an offense is asking a lot.

I get going for it there and 20/20 hindsight, I would rather Young’s first ever career drive get some points and kick the FG there. Just for a boost of confidence

Welp, like the aggressive play calling, but that 4th and 1 was doomed from the start. Hope those missed 3 points don't come back to bite us later.

The decision to go for it was correct. The call was awful.

Love what we’ve seen from the franchise quarterback and pass rusher.

Back