• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

josh downs has been solid and went a round later than mingo as well (right before we traded up to take dj johnson)
Tank Dell too for Houston in the same round. Dell had a great pre-draft process but, like Downs, was a bit small. And fwiw, the consensus grade on Mingo was late 2nd to mid 3rd.

i think fitterer's process has proven that you can't build a draft off of good athletes that didn't produce in college

I think Brice can be good, but it’s chappn’ my ass seeing Stroud play so well. It really does…I was a Stroud guy at the start and talked myself into Brice being a better choice. He might be, but damn…

I do think Brice can lead the team to an A league flag football championship though.

This franchise went from nailing 1st rounders and screwing up the rest of the draft to screwing up 1st rounders under Tepper.

This is a huge sign of disarray. Dude went from starting 7 games to getting cut.

This franchise went from nailing 1st rounders and screwing up the rest of the draft to screwing up 1st rounders under Tepper.

This is a huge sign of disarray. Dude went from starting 7 games to getting cut.

At least they've solved the problem now.

This piece points out two things I didn't know. The Panthers were the only franchise to interview Fitterer or Reich.

Tepper and Carolina interviewed 15 candidates for the job opening. Fitterer was a late name added to the pool, and the Panthers were the only team to interview him during that hiring cycle.

When Reich was hired, it was a surprise. He hadn’t interviewed for any other job in the hiring cycle after getting fired midseason by the Indianapolis Colts in 2022 to be replaced by former player, TV personality, and golf buddy, Jeff Saturday.

Because clearly Reich didn’t want a hotshot young coordinator, which he kinda got in Rhule. Not a coordinator obvi, but an up and comer with something to prove. He wanted the boring OWG.

Need to wear those black helmets more. If we’re gonna suck, let’s at least look good doing it!

Back