• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Raheem Morris has 4 years as a HC and a .356 career winning percentage. I fail to see how that makes him a strong candidate. If they wanted a loser retread, they tried that in Reich. Some guys are just better coordinators than head coaches, and there is nothing wrong with that.

And for the record I think Slowik and Johnson will be similar. I have not decided on Canales yet.

Hopefully these interviews have a strong footwear component, think about the competitive advantage for the coach that answers that correctly.

Raheem Morris has 4 years as a HC and a .356 career winning percentage. I fail to see how that makes him a strong candidate. If they wanted a loser retread, they tried that in Reich. Some guys are just better coordinators than head coaches, and there is nothing wrong with that.

And for the record I think Slowik and Johnson will be similar. I have not decided on Canales yet.

That Panthers interviewing Morris and Canales today in person will satisfy their Rooney rule requirements

Not sure why I have to say this but I will. There’s a big difference in hiring 47 year old Raheem Morris 12 years after he was fired vs. hiring 61 year old Frank Reich a few months after he was fired. I would hope all of us are a better fit for our dream jobs at 47 than we were at 35.

Not sure why I have to say this but I will. There’s a big difference in hiring 47 year old Raheem Morris 12 years after he was fired vs. hiring 61 year old Frank Reich a few months after he was fired. I would hope all of us are a better fit for our dream jobs at 47 than we were at 35.

Agreed. People around the league seem to really respect Morris.

That being said... I think Canales will be coach before the weekend.

Maybe I don't want to go down this rabbithole, but doesn't Canales satisfy the Rooney rule as well?

After firing a former Seahawks exec and promoting a former Seahawks exec, the brain trust will probably hire Canales who was a Seahawks assistant for 12 years to try to win with young Russell Wilson.

Let's see what happens.

we're gonna hire the guy who turned the guy we tried to make a serviceable QB last year serviceable this year

I’m just glad the Panthers aren’t going down the no-NFL experience college coach route or the recently fired retread loser NFL head coach route again.

Agreed. People around the league seem to really respect Morris.

That being said... I think Canales will be coach before the weekend.

Maybe I don't want to go down this rabbithole, but doesn't Canales satisfy the Rooney rule as well?

Correct

It is 3 years after his last head coaching gig, when he was 44, and in which he had a .364 winning percentage (which I guess was an improvement from his prior .354 winning percentage) and was not retained. That said, a .364 winning percentage would be a welcome change around here, so maybe that is what they are going for.

It is 3 years after his last head coaching gig, when he was 44, and in which he had a .364 winning percentage (which I guess was an improvement from his prior .354 winning percentage) and was not retained. That said, a .364 winning percentage would be a welcome change around here, so maybe that is what they are going for.

Dude, he was interim coach after the Falcons fired Dan Quinn in 2020.

I have no real interest in Morris as head coach, but at least be honest here.

russell had his best seasons statistically when canales was passing game coordinator in seattle, and as we all know dropped off immediately in denver

Back