• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Odd about Denver acquiring Payton. He has to think Wilson is fixable. I'm not sure Wilson is fixable.
That is exactly the scenario. The Broncos have really mortgaged the farm for Wilson. Now adding two more high draft picks to the cost. Broncos have too much capital, both financial and draft pick, to succeed even if Russell Wilson returns to his former self.

the broncos are going to be miserable for a decade

Yeah, that GM dude is gonna get fired within the next two years. It's hard to win in the NFL without good, cost-controlled talent.

David Tepper, dude
top headline on Defector rn:

I was waiting for the board communists to swoop down and decry the use of arbitration in wage theft cases.

Yeah, that GM dude is gonna get fired within the next two years. It's hard to win in the NFL without good, cost-controlled talent.
Broncos massively over paid for Wilson, and now spend more draft capital to get a guy to "fix" him.

One reason the eagles are good is that Jalen Hurts and Gardner Minshew, the only two guys who played QB for the Eagles, are paid a combined total of about $3.5 million for the season. That is about 1.5 Patrick Mahomes game checks. Lots of money to pay guys at other positions.

$5M for Tepper is “Here Nicole, buy yourself something nice” money. Just pay Rhule and be done.

I don't know, but I'm guessing this has to do somehow with Rhule having his new Nebraska contract structured in such a way that he would get whatever offset from the Panthers (and it may not be $5mm regardless) in the front part of his new job and get his Nebraska money backloaded for that purpose. I imagine its not as simple as indicated in the article and there are two sides to this story.

top headline on Defector rn:

On the surface it seems to be a pretty strong claim that Wilks is more qualified than Reich. The author seems to be basing that entire premise on him going 6-6 as interim while Reich got fired after starting 3-5-1.

$5M for Tepper is “Here Nicole, buy yourself something nice” money. Just pay Rhule and be done.
I had an interesting conversation with some of the South Carolina tv sports people yesterday while waiting for our 4, 5 and 6p liveshots outside of BofA stadium after the announcement. Some of those guys think the reason the Rock Hill deal went south is because Tepper isn't financially liquid like he was. They believe he was highly leveraged in crypto, and as that market tanked, Tepper just doesn't have the cash for the construction.

They think he is incredibly rich, but not throw money around rich right now.

On the surface it seems to be a pretty strong claim that Wilks is more qualified than Reich. The author seems to be basing that entire premise on him going 6-6 as interim while Reich got fired after starting 3-5-1.
Article is dumb.

If I’m looking for insider knowledge on teppers finances, I generally wouldn’t turn to SC local sports tv guys.

I had an interesting conversation with some of the South Carolina tv sports people yesterday while waiting for our 4, 5 and 6p liveshots outside of BofA stadium after the announcement. Some of those guys think the reason the Rock Hill deal went south is because Tepper isn't financially liquid like he was. They believe he was highly leveraged in crypto, and as that market tanked, Tepper just doesn't have the cash for the construction.

They think he is incredibly rich, but not throw money around rich right now.

Lol, seriously ? He could have $3 Billion in crypto and still be okay, even with the stock market downturn. Sounds like they bought some spin from the Rock Hill City Council.

I mean Tepper does constantly acts like the poorest billionaire there is.

Lol, seriously ? He could have $3 Billion in crypto and still be okay, even with the stock market downturn. Sounds like they bought some spin from the Rock Hill City Council.

Also wasn’t the rock hill thing happening in the peak of crypto?

Back