• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

chatter is steichen had a shit HC interview with the panthers. still look for reich's OC to come from philly though, either the QB coach brian johnson or the passing game cooridinator kevin patullo. reich is a HC/playcaller so that aspect not as important for his OC and those guys are seen as big parts of hurts success development wise.

Really look forward to seeing what those guys can do with Darnold and Corrall.

Fangio left the door cracked Sunday when he told Mike Klis of Denver’s 9NEWS that nothing was finalized with the Dolphins “at this time.” The Athletic reported Friday the Panthers were unlikely to hire Fangio. My understanding is they’ve moved on to other candidates, namely the other two they interviewed before Reich was hied – Jets safeties coach Marquand Manuel or Saints co-defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

would like to get the eagles QB coach brian johnson for OC

It’s nice that they changed the rules that teams can no longer block coaches from taking promotional positions with another team.

would like to get the eagles QB coach brian johnson for OC
I'm interested in him as well. The other guys I'm interested in are Zac Robinson (Rams), Bobby Slowik (Niners) and Todd Monken (UGa). And I'm really hoping Bisciotti doesn't permit Harbs to promote from his staff. He has a terrible OC history.

It’s nice that they changed the rules that teams can no longer block coaches from taking promotional positions with another team.

although i heard that there's a nuance to the rule, where the eagles could block johnson if it's an OC job but he's not calling the plays

not sure how they enforce that; seems like the team should be able to change their mind

Yeah I have no idea the fine print, I made the assumption that head coach is the top and anyone but another head coach is free to leave and pursue, OC/DC are free only to pursue a head coaching position, and then position coaches are free to pursue OC/DC positions. Teams do slap assistance head coach and other weird titles on coaches, maybe to prevent what they see as lateral movement like QB coach with also the assistant OC designation to an OC position.

yeah i'm not sure of the details, but someone i trust told me that the eagles can block johnson from interviewing for OC jobs where he's not calling plays

and reich (to date) has done his own offensive playcalling for the most part

but i don't see how it's enforceable. like what if we hired johnson with the intention of calling plays and then in training camp, reich changes his mind? maybe it's an honor system kind of thing and you're just a dick if you lie about your intentions

yeah i'm not sure of the details, but someone i trust told me that the eagles can block johnson from interviewing for OC jobs where he's not calling plays

and reich (to date) has done his own offensive playcalling for the most part

but i don't see how it's enforceable. like what if we hired johnson with the intention of calling plays and then in training camp, reich changes his mind? maybe it's an honor system kind of thing and you're just a dick if you lie about your intentions
or more legit he calls all the plays but Reich can veto every play and put in his own???

during the south carolina coaching searching two years ago when the got Beamer, they interviewed Brian Johnson and the rumor was he absolutely blew them away and came in a very close second despite them having zeroed in on Beamer. For whatever that is worth.

during the south carolina coaching searching two years ago when the got Beamer, they interviewed Brian Johnson and the rumor was he absolutely blew them away and came in a very close second despite them having zeroed in on Beamer. For whatever that is worth.
35 years old. This could have been a "Pittsburgh hire" even though he's an offensive coach instead of defensive.

Odd about Denver acquiring Payton. He has to think Wilson is fixable. I'm not sure Wilson is fixable.

Back