• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

This is hindsight talking. There was a solid month-long stretch where the betting favorite to go #1 overall was CJ Stroud.

I’m not here trying to debate Vegas accuracy in assessing the situation, but it wasn’t an obvious slam dunk Young over Stroud
The whole damn thing is hindsight. If you liked Bryce in August…don’t be a dolt and bail on him after 11 games. If you thought he was good then, he didn’t unlearn how to play

The whole damn thing is hindsight. If you liked Bryce in August…don’t be a dolt and bail on him after 11 games. If you thought he was good then, he didn’t unlearn how to play
Where did I say I’m bailing on Bryce?

My post was a criticism in our front office (possibly) placing too much weight on the vouch from Nick Saban in their decision making process. Of course it’s a data point to consider, but it shouldn’t be even in the top ten of reasons to choose Young over Stroud in my opinion.

PFT was reporting yesterday that the Bryce decision was all Tepper and that there were mixed feelings in the building. There's the infamous clip of McCown talking to Stroud about playing basketball when he moves to Charlotte...
These reports that the Bryce decision was all Tepper are absolutely positively not true. Everyone wanted Bryce.

Is Reich being fired confirmed?

You can knock the talent all you want, but 1-10 is absolutely indefensible from a coaching standpoint. We could win out from December on and still be a game and a half under Vegas’ pre-season O/U win total. (I know they’re not actually predictions, but you get the point).

We could have just stayed put and drafted Jalen Carter in 2023 and a QB of our choice in 2024.

Two things. I didn't understand how weak his arm stregnth was, and you can absolutely break a guy panthers are doing that.

Tabor seems like a strange choice, but whatever. Just please win a few damn games so that we don’t give away the #1 overall pick

Tabor seems like a strange choice, but whatever. Just please win a few damn games so that we don’t give away the #1 overall pick
wonder if it was done with the intention of no way hiring the interim so just throw out someone to the wolves, rather than one of the coordinators pulling off a Wilks and Tepper still has no intention of hiring them

Clearly more moves need to be made.

And I want to give myself credit for doing rock bottom, bottomer, and bottomest after the three games leading up to the firing and getting the timing right.

Back