• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I think Kellen Moore would be an interesting pick. It would be a home run or strike out. You'd know pretty quick which one.

i dunno - demeco seemed like he was going to the texans no matter what
Yeah, but it's an indictment of the idea that offensive-minded HC is the only way to go.

DeMeco Ryans was that dude, but we were trying to build an offensive staff to coach Bryce and Bryce alone.
Not true, Evero is a good DC.

And Buckets, stop trying to take my DC. It's not his time yet. Though you saying that makes me wonder if Tee Martin would be a good NFL OC. He's been a college OC, and I think he interviewed for the Tennessee job when Heupel got it. He's been around some good college passing games, was around for Roman's innovative run game and neanderthal pass game and this year with Monken. But the Ravens guy you should really target is Joe Hortiz, our director of college scouting.

Unfortunately we're completely rudderless at this point. We either stand pat and don't have any picks, or we trade what little talent we have on defense to try and move back into the first round where we would then need to draft everything but a QB.

The Chinn stuff rubs me the wrong way with Evero. Dude was the best player on this defense two years ago. He had 117 and 107 tackles his first two years. He has 23 this year and plays 52% of snaps.

I thought Brown and Chinn were the 2 guys they needed to build the D around. Now Chinn doesn't play as much cause he doesn't fit in? It's crazy.

The Chinn stuff rubs me the wrong way with Evero. Dude was the best player on this defense two years ago. He had 117 and 107 tackles his first two years. He has 23 this year and plays 52% of snaps.
It's maddening. Chinn has been one of the few great draft picks we've had outside of the first round in recent history, and he doesn't fit the scheme? Make the scheme fit him.

It's maddening. Chinn has been one of the few great draft picks we've had outside of the first round in recent history, and he doesn't fit the scheme? Make the scheme fit him.
Exactly. Chinn is one of your best players and therefore he needs to be on the field.

I agree the program is rudderless. I also believe any franchise is one or two good drafts away from the playoffs. I wouldn't trade up and I'd only trade a few players. Pick good players and get a few UFAs who can stick on the roster.

A big x factor is Horn. If he's just a player whose career ends due to injuries that will be a major hole for the roster. If he can come back and play and be a stud it sure makes life easier next year and beyond.

I agree the program is rudderless. I also believe any franchise is one or two good drafts away from the playoffs. I wouldn't trade up and I'd only trade a few players. Pick good players and get a few UFAs who can stick on the roster.
yeah all other division teams are currently in the hunt for the playoffs and don't have that many more wins than our 1.

Given the fact that we only have one first (2025) and one second (2024) round pick in the next two years, I'm pretty confident in saying that this team is further away from the playoffs than one or two good drafts.

I mean the current team is 1-10 and I'm not sure we have a single player on offense that a playoff-caliber team would be happy to be starting.

I'm disappointed in Bryce, but the pick stuff is what it is. At some point you gotta swing on a QB. Gotta suck it up and the new coach needs to scheme around bryce not just plug him in. DC needs to scheme around Chinn/Burns/Jaycee?? Other than those guys we don't have a hell of a lot of future potential studs so make them work and fill in around it best we can.

We almost made the playoffs last year and won 7 games and the same was true about our roster on offense then except maybe Moore, depending on the team. This team has just regressed.

A big x factor is Horn. If he's just a player whose career ends due to injuries that will be a major hole for the roster. If he can come back and play and be a stud it sure makes life easier next year and beyond.
yknow what's going to happen

he'll be healthy next year and look fantastic. we will either:

1) re-sign him to a huge deal and he immediately goes back to being injured all the time, or
2) someone else signs him and he goes on to a HOF career

Back