• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Not sure why Bronco would want this dead-end job, but:

Bronco loves taking on programs that are complete disasters and turning them around.

BYU was in disarray when he took over and he turned them around. Mike London ran Virginia into the ground before Bronco brought them back to respectability.

He'll turn New Mexico into a winning program then leave after 6 years or so.

People always say “who would we get if Clawson left?” Maybe Bronco is the answer.

Bronco is also a Mountain time zone guy and not that many jobs out there

He left UVA because he wanted to get back West- UVA is a better job than Wake so I don’t see him coming to Winston if he didn’t like Charlottesville. If you are referring to finding a program in total disarray - maybe

He left UVA because he wanted to get back West- UVA is a better job than Wake so I don’t see him coming to Winston if he didn’t like Charlottesville. If you are referring to finding a program in total disarray - maybe
I’m not convinced it’s a better job. I think Wake football has more monetary and institutional support than UVA.

I’m not convinced it’s a better job. I think Wake football has more monetary and institutional support than UVA.

It’s a State school so by default - already have a better recruiting base. I’ll give you that money and institutional support is better at Wake for football at the moment. But in this era of marching to 2 Mega Conferences, UVA is better positioned - they’ll be on short list for Big Ten and SEC- wake won’t be. I think UVA wouldn’t be caught dead in SEC and would go to Big Ten.

Bronco to UNM is official

Also, former Vandy coach Derek Mason, is now the HC at MTSU.

New Mexico actually used to have some decent teams I think. Didn't Bob Davies go there and put another notch in the bedpost of programs he's killed?

New Mexico actually used to have some decent teams I think. Didn't Bob Davies go there and put another notch in the bedpost of programs he's killed?
They had a decent run with Rocky Long and Dennis Franchione. They're one of relatively few programs that have never been ranked in the AP poll.

Amazing how coaches find a way to bounce back from just atrocious performances.

Amazing how coaches find a way to bounce back from just atrocious performances.
Apparently they don't plan to play defense at Wyoming. May be the first coach ever fired mid-season at Wake Forest. I can't think of another.

Mediocre, but not terrible at Miami.

I can understand why Duke would hire him, but I can't say I'm worried about having him over in Durham. Feels like they'll be pretty meh with him as coach.

Back