• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Good example of what expansion and realignment means to most schools. Who wouldn’t want to pay $6M+ to Greg Schiano to win 25% of your conference games !?
Good example of why there's plenty of money to pay athletes.

Good example of why there's plenty of money to pay athletes.
Yeah, that's why even as very much a traditionist I'm on board with the players getting compensated. The coaches can make a mint and not even be that successful. I just wish they'd come up with a better way to do it, as opposed to a limitless free-for-all that NIL has created.

Yeah, that's why even as very much a traditionist I'm on board with the players getting compensated. The coaches can make a mint and not even be that successful. I just wish they'd come up with a better way to do it, as opposed to a limitless free-for-all that NIL has created.
Turns out the NCAA had decades to figure that out.

Turns out the NCAA had decades to figure that out.
NCAA trying to figure it out:
sick-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Attachments

• 1702503723301.png
    1702503723301.png
    260 KB · Views: 24
Duke hires SMU's OC, expect a spread offense in Durham:

How often do ND coordinators end up in G5 jobs?

Seriously. Seems like he was in a hurry to get out of there. Maybe no faith in Riley Leonard?

Seriously. Seems like he was in a hurry to get out of there. Maybe no faith in Riley Leonard?
i think Leonard is going to do very well at ND, particularly with the upgrades they have at WR.

Or maybe he wants to be a HC after the taste he got as interim at Purdue and this was his best (only?) offer.

Terms have yet to be disclosed, but before the extension Kiffin was making $8.2 million a year (in Mississippi). So, safe to assume he's getting close to $10 million. In addition to a 10 win season, recruiting services have loved Ole Miss' portal haul.

I think Lane has found some wisdom as he’s aged. Got an incredible thing going at Ole Miss. Make $10MM a year, score a ton of points, win some games without the pressure of one of the very top jobs. Probably sneak into a couple playoffs with the expansion.

Lane isn’t turning down a better job.

I guess my point is…how many “better” jobs are there really? UGA and Bama aren’t going to hire him. He’s coached UT and USC already. He’s making top money and the expanded playoff at least gives him a shot at making a run. Is say, Clemson, a better job? Would he be any better off at Texas A&M?

10-2 Ole Miss is guaranteed a CFP bid. That’s the standard for a top job going forward.

I guess my point is…how many “better” jobs are there really? UGA and Bama aren’t going to hire him. He’s coached UT and USC already. He’s making top money and the expanded playoff at least gives him a shot at making a run. Is say, Clemson, a better job? Would he be any better off at Texas A&M?
Bama wouldn’t hire him after Saban steps down?

Bama wouldn’t hire him after Saban steps down?

It’s certainly possible but I don’t really see it. Just doesn’t feel like the right fit to me. Will be absolutely fascinating decision when the time comes though.

I could see Lane at Texas or Oregon, but I dunno if the latter is bigger than Ole Miss or not

Maybe Ohio State

Back