• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

LilburnDeac

Reaction score
We know the dates for the first few games (and ND) and that the full ACC Schedule will be released. Does anyone have any info or guesses about when we will play the other teams on our schedule?

Home- FSU, NCSU, GT, Pitt
Away- Clemson, Duke, VT, Syracuse

8/31 Elon
9/9 Vanderbilt
9/16 @ODU
9/23
9/30
10/7
10/14
10/21
10/28
11/4
11/11
11/18 @Notre Dame
11/25

Mentioned this earlier, but would place money on ending the season against Duke again on the road. No inside info on that one, but Clemson/FSU/GT/VT all have rivalry games that week and the ACC would be dumb to not keep UNC/State on Thanksgiving Friday. Leaves you @Duke/@cuse/vs Pitt left with your options. Feels pretty easy to just be able to market this as "rivalry week" and have people play someone from their pods that week unless they have an OOC obligation

Got to win the first 3, but only the Elon game can be considered a given.

100% chance of cold and gray with some precipitation in northern Indiana mid-November

Old Dominion sucks. Vandy is also pretty bad but still better than ODU.
Agree, if WF loses to either ODU or Vandy early, the season will take on the flavor of VT's or UVA's from last year... Craptastic.

Also, agree that ending the season with Duke makes the most sense. Don't mind playing Duke when their fanbase, to the extent it exists, is only thinking about basketball.

Old Dominion sucks. Vandy is also pretty bad but still better than ODU.
Yeah, but going there is no bargain and Vandy showed some flashes last year of being decent. Remember, we're going to have more than a few question marks going into next season.

Sure it's been talked about ad nauseum, but has Currie tried to get us out of those games? We waste so much valuable practice time prepping for that game not to mention zero upside and injuries.
think we make a lot of money from alumni donations at that game though

think we make a lot of money from alumni donations at that game though
What does that mean? I mean if we at least have a reason then I guess that's something, because I wasn't aware of any reason to play them. Especially since we don't get any decent flyovers anymore.

What does that mean? I mean if we at least have a reason then I guess that's something, because I wasn't aware of any reason to play them. Especially since we don't get any decent flyovers anymore.
I've always heard that advancement gets face time with a lot of NYC area alums and drums up a lot of donations at that game.

Sure it's been talked about ad nauseum, but has Currie tried to get us out of those games? We waste so much valuable practice time prepping for that game not to mention zero upside and injuries.
I wonder if Mike Buddie's connection at West Point is a reason we keep renewing the series?

Buddie was named the Army AD in 2019. Pretty sure the WF/Army football series commitment through 2026 pre-dated Army hiring Buddie.

Understand playing a two game series against Army every 8 years or so because of the location/tradition/WF alums in the Northeast, but playing Army 10 times is 14 years is ludicrous (and I think one game was skipped because of the 2020 COVID year when WF played an all ACC schedule, except for Campbell, because of COVID).

OOC football games are precious. WF only gets 4 per year (and really its three because WF will always play one FCS bunny) to overschedule Army (WF will play Army more between 2012 and 2026 than WF will play half of the ACC) is just so mindless and lazy. Excluding traditional OOC rivalries (e.g., Florida/FSU, S. Carolina/Clemson), doubt there are any other two FBS teams that are not in the same conference that will play each other more between 2012 and 2026. Just an inexplicably dumb decision to systematically schedule Army essentially every year.

Last edited:
no, but don't despair, we play Army in 2024, 2025, 2026

At some point this moves from a weird obsession to a full-blown fucking problem!!!! What is the deal with us and Army!?!?!?!

LET. IT. GO!!

I have expressed my dissatisfaction with this series to Currie but I don't have RTQ money. I guess my suggestion went in the "so noted" file.

OOC schools I think would be fun to play but know they would not be interested in setting up a home-and-home with us:

Florida
Auburn
Ohio State
Oklahoma
USC
UCLA
Oregon

OOC schools that would be fun to play and potentially interested in setting up a home-and-home:

Baylor
Ole Miss (happening)

OOC schools that would be interesting to play regularly but a lot of our fanbase is probably too worried to lose to:

App State
Coastal Carolina
ECU
JMU

I don’t have any problem playing Army or any military academy on regular basis. At least there is some academic integrity there.

I don’t have any problem playing Army or any military academy on regular basis. At least there is some academic integrity there.
College football is way past academic integrity and so should we if we want to survive

Back