• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Schedule

Those programs have home-and-homes against opponents that make me think they wouldn't mind coming to Winston.
OOC schools I think would be fun to play but know they would not be interested in setting up a home-and-home with us:

Florida vs. State, Arizona State
Auburn vs. Cal
Ohio State vs. BC
Oklahoma vs. SMU (plus a 2 for 1 vs. Temple)
USC - barely have any future opponents scheduled so we should get on that
UCLA vs. SDSU, Hawaii
Oregon vs. Texas Tech

OOC schools that would be fun to play and potentially interested in setting up a home-and-home:

Baylor
Ole Miss (happening)

OOC schools that would be interesting to play regularly but a lot of our fanbase is probably too worried to lose to:

App State
Coastal Carolina
ECU
JMU

I don’t have any problem playing Army or any military academy on regular basis. At least there is some academic integrity there.
They have had massive cheating scandals recently.

Playing Army sucks. Get out of that series if possible.

Wake is going to be like a two touchdown plus favorite at Old Dominion. Even on the road, if that's a close game it's really not a good sign.

College football is way past academic integrity and so should we if we want to survive
Understand your point, but there are well over 500 colleges who compete in NCAA football, and if 40-50 end up as a professional enterprise, there will still be plenty of opportunity and demand for the remainder to continue to field teams each year.

Understand your point, but there are well over 500 colleges who compete in NCAA football, and if 40-50 end up as a professional enterprise, there will still be plenty of opportunity and demand for the remainder to continue to field teams each year.

“Compete” is doing a lot of work there.

Yeah and it’d be fun to beat Rhule. Although he probably wouldn’t be there when we play them.

I was at both. The atmosphere in Lincoln was spectacular. Everything college football should be. Except the outcome of course. The W-S game was hotter than hell. There was the big drop. And on the last drive there was a terrible no call. We had a receiver cutting across the field on 4th down who would have had a first down but was tackled from behind before the ball got there. No flag. Game over. Sons of bitches

I was at both. The atmosphere in Lincoln was spectacular. Everything college football should be. Except the outcome of course. The W-S game was hotter than hell. There was the big drop. And on the last drive there was a terrible no call. We had a receiver cutting across the field on 4th down who would have had a first down but was tackled from behind before the ball got there. No flag. Game over. Sons of bitches
That was the one game where it was probably safer to be on the field playing than sitting in the east stands. With the heat and lack of available water, there were some folks who appeared on the verge of heat stroke.

ACC 2023 football schedule release show is set for Monday, Jan 30, 2023, 7-9 PM.

Florida can't afford to play us because they'll miss a bowl.

Counterpoint: Anthony Richardson would be the #1 overall NFL draft pick if he had played against our defense.

Counterpoint: Anthony Richardson would be the #1 overall NFL draft pick if he had played against our defense.

Clearly Sam Hartman realized this was the big thing he was missing on his resume.

If you, as a QB, can't hit your receiver, the defense doesn't much matter. See Reggie Ball and Megatron in the ACC title game as an example.

Throwing accuracy matters.

Yeah, because that 2006 defense is really similar to what we've had the past few years. Reggie Ball and Megatron would light this defense up just like everyone else.

Didn't realize until I did a story yesterday and researched it: The only season in Clawson's 10 years that WF has opened on a Saturday was the COVID year. He loves having the extra day or two to evaluate the opener.

Back