• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

Brendon Harris confirmed he’s coming back. Also Clawson mentioned Petitbon redshirting this year (along w Nick Andersen and every freshman except Grimes, Claiborne and Stevenson)
Good color. The last two seem like a waste of a year, but no guarantee they stick around 5 anyways.

Good color. The last two seem like a waste of a year, but no guarantee they stick around 5 anyways.
wonder if we promised grimes and claiborne they wouldn’t redshirt to convince them to sign early

I honestly think not redshirting is mostly about sending a message to those players that they are in line for substantial playing time in the next few years in order to discourage anyone from transferring.

I also can’t remember any players under Clawson who weren’t redshirted and it turned out to be the clear wrong decision, as anyone that good typically isn’t interested in a 5th year at Wake anyways. If guys like Nasir Greer and Sage Surratt are going to leave early for the NFL, you have to assume anyone that you can see clear NFL potential in as a freshman is probably not going to be at Wake for a 5th year.

You have to think Grimes has a really good chance of playing this weekend and in the bowl depending on the nature of injuries to Banks and Greene.
I hope Banks and Greene can go, we need them this weekend. This will be the toughest Duke team we faced at Wally World since Clawson first got here and Cutcliffe was having his Grobe-like (2006-2008) run there. Sure would be nice to have Carson back at corner too.

I honestly think not redshirting is mostly about sending a message to those players that they are in line for substantial playing time in the next few years in order to discourage anyone from transferring.

I also can’t remember any players under Clawson who weren’t redshirted and it turned out to be the clear wrong decision, as anyone that good typically isn’t interested in a 5th year at Wake anyways. If guys like Nasir Greer and Sage Surratt are going to leave early for the NFL, you have to assume anyone that you can see clear NFL potential in as a freshman is probably not going to be at Wake for a 5th year.

Alex Bachman did not redshirt and I wish he had. But I think your point is accurate.

We should be pilfering B10 defensive guys every offseason.

It already aged poorly because age wasn’t enough to prevent the annual November crash.

Need one or more of the next group of O-line guys to step up and play like they are headed for the NFL.

I hope Banks and Greene can go, we need them this weekend. This will be the toughest Duke team we faced at Wally World since Clawson first got here and Cutcliffe was having his Grobe-like (2006-2008) run there. Sure would be nice to have Carson back at corner too.
Banks in a knee brace but Donnie not with anything visible at Coach Higgins TGiving photo yesterday

Updated for Griffis transfer. Up to 3 open schollies. I think would be ideal for that number to be seven or eight.

Another PWO WR transferring. (no scholarship impact)

Parents probably happy

Sam McCall was a gigantic DB recruit this past year that went to FSU and barely played. Just entered the portal. This needs to be an all hands on deck situation.

Back