• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

Cooley talks about stress at WF. This was likely academic stress. I know I felt it at WF. Tough school for regular students and has to be really tough for football players. Not a lot of free time to have fun, that’s for sure.

Why did Smenda declare for the draft? He had no eligibility left. I guess just maybe declaring he was pursuing professional football vs. moving on to a different career? Happy for him either way, and hope he gets a shot. Not a lot of traditional big MLBs left in the pros, but maybe he'll find a home.

Why did Smenda declare for the draft? He had no eligibility left. I guess just maybe declaring he was pursuing professional football vs. moving on to a different career? Happy for him either way, and hope he gets a shot. Not a lot of traditional big MLBs left in the pros, but maybe he'll find a home.

You answered your own question. He will give the NFL a shot before he does something else. A reminder to NFLscouts to look at him and hopefully, to get an invite to the combine. It only takes one franchise staff to like you.

I’m sure most have seen rondy bothroyd in the portal, but now also dez Williams WR in there too. He had a great spring game and was set to be in the rotation in 23… that’s disappointing
Dez has been in there a while and I think you are confusing him Horatio Fields

Why wouldn’t he? Agreed it is a tough road. Take the shot and let someone else tell you no. Don’t self select out of your chance. Luke Masterson is playing in the League. The Panthers just ran for 300+ yds against Detroit so somebody might need a MLB.

Why wouldn’t he? Agreed it is a tough road. Take the shot and let someone else tell you no. Don’t self select out of your chance. Luke Masterson is playing in the League. The Panthers just ran for 300+ yds against Detroit so somebody might need a MLB.
I guess I’ve just never noticed players without eligibility declaring for the draft, as there’s no real need to do so. But I’m sure it happens to get awareness/attention from scouts and others.

With red shirts, covid years, injury years, a million transfers - I don't find it all that surprising that guys with no eligibility left wouldn't just leave it up to others to figure out their status.

With red shirts, covid years, injury years, a million transfers - I don't find it all that surprising that guys with no eligibility left wouldn't just leave it up to others to figure out their status.

Good point. Players can communicate directly with the public to let them know what they need to know.

We had a situation with LaRavia where NBA scouts didn't even know his age. May as well make it clear.

He had 11 rushing touchdowns! I am not sure why this disappeared from the offense this season. I thought it was initially when Sam came back from the clot they were being cautious. It just never materialized.
I think it was protecting his health. I think everyone involved was nervous as hell at kickoff of the Vandy game.

Idk if it's been said, but a starting point would be to give every scholarship player $25,000-30,000 a year, and then work something out with walk-ons. The collective should be able to raise the money for that.

$30,000 × 85(scholly players) = $2.55M

The collective should get that going as priority #1 IMO. That'll show we are serious

That seems like a massive waste of money. Paying people who will never see the field when that can go towards other players. $20-30k is not a drop in the bucket for the players that are actually receiving legit NIL offers, while we are paying people who we don’t need to be paying.

That seems like a massive waste of money. Paying people who will never see the field when that can go towards other players. $20-30k is not a drop in the bucket for the players that are actually receiving legit NIL offers, while we are paying people who we don’t need to be paying.
I think it's the only somewhat sustainable model. You have $2.5M in player "salaries" every year, and then set aside another $1M a year to retain stars, give bonuses, buy players, whatever we wanna call it. Wake still has a lot to offer outside of cash.

So basically I'm saying we have a budget of $3.5M a year for NIL football money. That's not a lot of money for the big swingers on the board of RTQ when split up.

I mean think about it. There's teams that are going to be spending that much on 1 player!! Let's not be that program. Let's spread the wealth and sustain top-50 recruiting classes.

Back