• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

Recruiting insiders at Demon Deacon Digest of 247Sports have indicated NIL may be a factor. Rondell may have received lukewarm feedback from NFL scouts and will look to supplant potential NFL earnings with NIL money. If that’s the case, Notre Dame football won’t be able to offer anything up front, but certainly can while he’s on campus. The Irish refuse, so far, to get involved in pay-for-play recruiting.

I smell BS

I smell BS
I’ve heard this a few places. Apparently they won’t talk about NIL until you are enrolled. But that doesn’t stop people who aren’t associated with the program officially from doing whatever they want.

Good for him. He stayed this year purely out of loyalty and love of WF. Best of luck, AT!
Not sure I agree with this entirely. Clawson said at the end of last season that AT has more to work on. There was definitely more to gain by staying a year and repeating what he did last year.

The progression of AT over the course of his Wake career was like nothing I've ever seen from a football player. He looked flat out bad his first year and eventually turned into the Wake Forest GOAT receiver.

Not sure I agree with this entirely. Clawson said at the end of last season that AT has more to work on. There was definitely more to gain by staying a year and repeating what he did last year.
I believe he was referencing the NIL deals he turned down from teams tampering last year.

Plus, I believe he said he'd promised his mother he would stay to get his degree.

Is there any particular reason you’re so angry all the time?

He’s not angry all the time, just annoyed with the handful of posters that won’t stop bitching about NIL and the death of college football. Tired of all the Chicken Little schadenfreude posts every time a Wake Forest player announces they are leaving.

He’s not angry all the time, just annoyed with the handful of posters that won’t stop bitching about NIL and the death of college football. Tired of all the Chicken Little schadenfreude posts every time a Wake Forest player announces they are leaving.
If that’s a dig at my recent posts here on this forum, all I am trying to do is have a sensible and well-spirited dialogue about our current football team departures (transfer portal, graduation, or otherwise) as a way to get a sense of what next year’s team will look like, even though it’s early and a lot is TBD obviously. I’m a diehard Wake fan who wants nothing more than our team to have success. I’m sorry if BeachBum or others here take issue with that or don’t like hearing about it, but keep in mind this is a public message board where a variety of topics and viewpoints are freely posted and shared every day. If BeachBum can’t handle that, he/she is free to read and/or contribute to other threads. Carry on!

Back