• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

If Hartman or Bothroyd can get $75K to $100K play football for another year, which is a full time job with great risk of injury, and it puts him in a better position to get drafted and make money as an NFL player, that's great. But it's not like they're securing their future or giving back to their families. That's bachelor's degree analyst money for guys who will turn 23 or 24 years old to start the season.
So, Hartman has gone from 7 figures to getting $75K this year from ND? Let's just admit that we have no clue what deals Hartman is getting. Also, perhaps the value of any deals to just sign are limited, but if ND has a good year and Sam is the QB, he's going to have a ton of marketing opportunities for lots of money. OTOH, if Buchner beats him out and/or ND has a bad year, then Sam isn't going to get much. He's betting on himself, which makes some sense.

FWIW, it has been reported that Bothroyd isn't transferring for the money. He's spent 5 years at WF and graduated; he's not projected as a high NFL draft pick, and he's got a sixth year of eligibility due to the quirky COVID year exemption. He's elected to spend it with another program. I get it. Many WF grads love WF but decide to spend a graduate year somewhere else.

If Hartman or Bothroyd can get $75K to $100K play football for another year, which is a full time job with great risk of injury, and it puts him in a better position to get drafted and make money as an NFL player, that's great. But it's not like they're securing their future or giving back to their families. That's bachelor's degree analyst money for guys who will turn 23 or 24 years old to start the season.

That’s $75-100K for June to hopefully early January. Maybe that’s not Biff money but it’s good money.

These are their lives and they can do whatever they want. But I seriously doubt Hartman makes over a million dollars for one year at ND.

No. But 7 months and 10 months making $75-100K are both good money in the real world.

What if he was great in pass pro?
I don't know. Go to Wake as an RB, get only about 1/3 of the carries, less wear and tear on the body, show off your stuff in your opportunities and then transfer to a program that will make you the feature back for a sweet NIL deal. Not a bad plan.

If my son were considering Wake I would tell him to go if he were a WR and not go if he were a RB (if he asked my advice).
I feel you, one of my twins is shaping up to the be a TE, good size for a 15 month old, and while I would love for him to go to Wake, I think I would have to steer him towards ND. The other twin though is either gonna be a center or ILB, so he will definitely be a Deacon.

Pretty significant addition in the transfer portal with Jacob Roberts, an N.C. A&T linebacker.

That position next season kinda looks decent -- Dylan Hazen in expanded role, Chase Jones returning starter, Eldrick Robinson II getting healthy, Quincy Bryant has shown flashes, now adding Roberts.

I feel you, one of my twins is shaping up to the be a TE, good size for a 15 month old, and while I would love for him to go to Wake, I think I would have to steer him towards ND. The other twin though is either gonna be a center or ILB, so he will definitely be a Deacon.

I doubt many football recruits being sincerely recruited by Notre Dame and Wake are seriously conflicted between the two. Who are our biggest recruiting rivals right now? UVA, Kentucky, Georgia Tech maybe?

I doubt many football recruits being sincerely recruited by Notre Dame and Wake are seriously conflicted between the two. Who are our biggest recruiting rivals right now? UVA, Kentucky, Georgia Tech maybe?
Vandy and Duke on the list for sure. State & Va Tech too.

Roberts blocked FOUR kicks last season??

Back