• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

Lots of happy friends today. I'm happy too. It has been up and down all year. I fully expected them to choke last night-- it's a reflexive reaction when a team has a bad history.

I went to the last WS win they had, but I don't see me going to a WS game this series. It is even more expensive and ridiculous nowadays than it was back then. I'd love to see the new ballpark (though there was nothing wrong with the old one), but it will have to be during the regular season.

I also want to see the new ballpark. But I will wait for a game against the A’s where tickets are dirt cheap

I also want to see the new ballpark. But I will wait for a game against the A’s where tickets are dirt cheap
Just don’t go on Hawaiin shirt day or sweatshirt night, prices skyrocket. Also if you have a Lexus that’s a huge help for parking.

I have some great pics and videos of my boys on the field and running the bases from earlier this year, so if the Rangers win out, then those will become classics.

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers for winning the American league championship. All four wins on the road is remarkable. Fun team to watch and Garcia was a beast. Good luck in the World Series.

Pretty wild that this is the first game 7 in Phillies 100+ year history. Not going to the postseason for decades on end will do that.

The team that deserved to win game 7, did.

I may return with my worthless analysis later. For now, I must go see my friend, the kind Mr. Green.

Chris "Mad Dog" Russo gonna retire today??

He definitely made that promise, but then seemed to back off of it, and talk about some much less important thing like skipping his son’s baseball game as an assistant coach, or something

This season, the Cubs 83-79 finished one game behind the Diamondbacks (84-68).

To close the season. the Cubs went 0-4 in extra innings in September, including a September 16 7-6 loss in 13 innings to the Diamondbacks; a game where the Cubs had 10th and 11th inning leads. That game was one of three September walk-off losses for the Cubs, and oh yeah, the Cubs also managed to lose this game during the last week of the season:

If the Cubs had just poor late-inning performances/luck, instead of historically bad, the D-Backs never would have made it to the playoffs, much less the World Series. That is baseball.

the salary cap isn't for 'competition'

it is to keep more money in rich owner's pockets under the guise of 'competition'

Back