• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

Dusty retires

The lone good thing about the Astros winning last year was that Dusty got his managerial ring. Well deserved by an all-time great.

Happy retirement, Dusty!

I absolutely hate this WS matchup. Two teams playing indoors on artificial turf fields. An absolute perversion of the game. Gross.

Great game. Rangers fucked up early on playing that triple...can't do that in the postseason. Smoltz basically called the Seager HR. Adolis being Adolis.

When did MLB players start putting oven mitts on their hands when running the bases? What the hell was wrong with just wearing your batting glove? (Get off my lawn, old man yells at clouds, etc).

When did MLB players start putting oven mitts on their hands when running the bases? What the hell was wrong with just wearing your batting glove? (Get off my lawn, old man yells at clouds, etc).

When it became common place to slide head first and risk breaking fingers.

Sliding feet first is actually quicker to the base, but not so cool.

Kids these days!

So who's the announcer team? Smoltz and Joe Davis? I actually think Smoltz is pretty good, but they both have these fallbacks where all they can talk about is how the DBacks or the Rangers can never be counted out, how they have a scrappy team, blah blah blah. It's like 9 innings of that shit. 11 innings last night. And they did the same thing in the playoffs. They need some better talking points. It makes me miss guys like Tim McCarver telling random stories about the old days. Just find something else to talk about, guys.

Well, maybe not after last night, but Cory Seager may be the most under-appreciated superstar in MLB. Such a clutch player. Two-time WS MVP, NLCS MVP, ROY; such a dangerous hitter, and plays key defensive position at SS. Kudos to Charlotte native Cory Seager. BTW, many if not most long term high dollar baseball contracts turn out to be disasters, but the Rangers 2021 deal to sign Seager for 10 years at $325 million was the exception as Seager is only 29.

So who's the announcer team? Smoltz and Joe Davis? I actually think Smoltz is pretty good, but they both have these fallbacks where all they can talk about is how the DBacks or the Rangers can never be counted out, how they have a scrappy team, blah blah blah. It's like 9 innings of that shit. 11 innings last night. And they did the same thing in the playoffs. They need some better talking points. It makes me miss guys like Tim McCarver telling random stories about the old days. Just find something else to talk about, guys.
Joe Buck and Tim McCarver is a form of torture.

I really liked Brain Anderson and Frenchy on the NL broadcasts. Ron Darling was ok with them, too, but there's something about him in that role I just don't quite like---and I don't even know what it is. Anderson is quite good, I think.

2024 WS Odds:

Odds To Win 2024 World Series​

TEAMODDS
Braves13-2
Dodgers7-1
Astros9-1
Rangers9-1
Phillies10-1
Rays15-1
Yankees15-1
Blue Jays16-1
Orioles16-1
Padres16-1
Mariners20-1
Diamondbacks25-1
Mets25-1
Twins25-1
Cubs30-1
Red Sox30-1
Giants40-1
Brewers50-1
Cardinals50-1
Marlins50-1
Reds50-1
Angels60-1
Guardians60-1
Pirates60-1
Tigers60-1
Nationals100-1
Royals100-1
White Sox100-1
Athletics150-1
Rockies150-1
-- ESPN BET, as of Nov. 2

Further demonstrating the less he has to work with. He had a couple lean season in San Diego in the early 2000s, which dragged his winning PCT down. Bochy won a WS in SF (2010) with Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell batting in the middle of the lineup.

2024 WS Odds:

Odds To Win 2024 World Series​

TEAMODDS
Braves13-2
Dodgers7-1
Astros9-1
Rangers9-1
Phillies10-1
Rays15-1
Yankees15-1
Blue Jays16-1
Orioles16-1