• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

4 of the Top 38 pitchers in baseball are on the team we should all love. The Seattle Mariners. Soon to be 5 of the top 38 after Shohei signs as a free agent next winter. Climb aboard the bandwagon now because the Ms are your new baseball overlords. Right? RIGHT?!? Baseball gods, please let that be right...

Grow the sport guys; all the history works for me. (Been to Cooperstown at least a half of dozen times and love it) But ya have to continue to grow the sport.

Last edited:
I did forget to add one more change that I hate: the balanced schedule. I’m okay with it if they want to get rid of the leagues and divisions. Just take the top X number of teams and seed them.

I did forget to add one more change that I hate: the balanced schedule. I’m okay with it if they want to get rid of the leagues and divisions. Just take the top X number of teams and seed them.
I'm with you on the schedule. Two leagues and divisions within the leagues should mean something. So unbalanced schedule. Win your division by beating the other teams in your division.

Rhys Hoskins injured today...

Tough for the Phillies World Series hopes. Losing Hoskins' bat for the season is not good. Small silver lining is that this helps with the expected log jam at first base and DH.

I'm with you on the schedule. Two leagues and divisions within the leagues should mean something. So unbalanced schedule. Win your division by beating the other teams in your division.
It’s going to be really stupid when some team with 90 wins gets left out for some team with 84 wins and they played the exact same schedule.

It’s going to be really stupid when some team with 90 wins gets left out for some team with 84 wins and they played the exact same schedule.

It’s still not the exact same schedule - it’s just not as unbalanced as prior years. 19 division games has been a huge advantage for the central teams. Both central divisions have been awful for several years.

Guess umps are on edge about getting replaced by robots:

umpires suck

what a small individual to toss someone for that nothingness

The only positive to the "balanced" schedule is that I'll get more opportunities to see my Yankees play in some NL parks that I haven't been to in forever. I haven't been to Dodger Stadium and the Yanks are out there in early June (of course, during the weekend we should be hosting a regional and I'm supposed to be going to a family wedding....), also planning on going to St Louis to see the Yankees since I haven't been to that park since Games 4 and 5 of the 2006 World Series.

But yeah - it's still BS that the weak ass Central teams will still get a playoff spot while the AL East, NL East and NL West are absolutely stacked.

The baseball schedule is why I think referring to Judge as having the AL HR record is a joke. It was fine when the leagues were more distinct, but now it's just silly. It's the equivalent of celebrating the AFC TD record...it doesn't really mean anything as a record.

Stuart Fairchild has a good chance of making the Reds roster

Stuart Fairchild is on the Reds 40 man roster, but he didn't make the opening day roster.

Here is the list of WF professional baseball players as of the end of last season:

Active Player List
player nameposhtwtb-tbornplacehigh schoolhs placehigh levelstatusteamorg
Eric AdlerP6-2190R-R2000-10-12Melbourne,FLRockledgeRockledge,FLAIn MinorsKannapolis Cannon BallersCHA
John Aiello1B-3B6-2215B-R1997-02-14Lansdale,PAGermantown AcademyFort Washington,PAAAAFree Agent
Ryan CusickP6-6235R-R1999-11-12Sudbury,MAAvon Old Farms Prep School.Avon Old Farms,CTAAIn MinorsMidland RockHoundsOAK
Parker DunsheeP6-1210R-R1995-02-12Zionsville,INZionsvilleZionsville,INAAAIn MinorsOakland AthleticsOAK
Stuart FairchildRF-CF6-0205R-R1996-03-17Seattle,WASeattle PrepSeattle,WAMLBIn MinorsLouisville BatsCIN
William FlemingP6-6220R-R1999-03-06Asheville,NCChrist SchoolArden,NCA+In MinorsQuad Cities River BanditsKCA
Patrick FrickSS-2B6-2200R-R1997-02-14Greenville,SCJL Mann AcademyGreenville,SCAAIn MinorsArkansas TravelersSEA
Connor JohnstoneP6-0175R-R1994-10-04Roswell,GARoswellRoswell,GAAAAIn MinorsAtlanta BravesATL
Chris LanzilliLF-RF6-2225R-R1998-06-18Stoneham,MADexterBrookline,MARkIn MinorsACL White SoxCHA
Morgan McSweeneyP6-4210R-R1997-09-21Hudson,MAWorcester AcademyWorcester,MAAAAIn MinorsNorfolk TidesBAL
Antonio MenendezP6-4215R-R1999-03-11Reston,VAHerndonHerndon,VAA+In MinorsBowling Green Hot RodsTBA
Nate Mondou2B-3B5-8190L-R1995-03-24Lake Tapps,WACharles Wright AcademyTacoma,WAMLBIn MinorsCharlotte KnightsCHA
Shane Muntz1B-C6-4240R-R1999-02-23Chester,PAMalvern Preparatory SchoolMalvern,PAAAIn MinorsHillsboro HopsARI
Colin PeluseP6-3230R-R1998-06-11Baltimore,MDMiddletownMiddletown,DEAAAIn MinorsLas Vegas AviatorsOAK
DJ PoteetOF6-4200B-R1998-06-12Johns Creek,GANorthviewJohns Creek,GAIndyFree Agent
Griffin RobertsP6-3210R-R1996-06-13Midlothian,VAJames RiverMidlothian,VAAAIn MinorsSpringfield CardinalsSLN
Bobby Seymour1B6-4250L-R1998-10-07Harvey,ILMount CarmelMount Carmel,ILAIn MinorsCharleston RiverDogsTBA
Gavin SheetsRF-1B6-4215L-L1996-04-23Baltimore,MDGilman SchoolBaltimore,MDMLBActive on MLB RosterChicago White SoxCHA
Jared ShusterP6-3210L-L1998-08-03New Bedford,MATabor AcademyMarion,MAAAAIn MinorsGwinnett StripersATL
William SimoneitC-1B-6-4235R-R1996-10-14Park Ridge,ILGlenbard WestGlen Ellyn,ILAAAIn MinorsLas Vegas AviatorsOAK
Shane SmithP6-4235R-R2000-04-04Danvers,MAGovernors AcademyByfield,MARkIn MinorsCarolina MudcatsMIL
Brendan TinsmanC6-2225R-R1999-12-06Cape Elizabeth,MECape ElizabethCape Elizabeth,MEA+In MinorsTri-City Dust DevilsANA
Michael TurconiSS-2B5-11185L-R1999-06-24Pittsburgh,PABlackhawkBeaver Falls,PAA+In MinorsVancouver CanadiansTOR
Justin Yurchak1B-LF6-1205R-R1996-09-17Clifton Park,NYShenendehowaClifton Park,NYAAIn MinorsTulsa DrillersLAN

Aaron Judge homers on his first AB of the season. The good news is that WF has an open date on September 30; so, Deac fans won't miss part of the game for Judge ABs at the end of the MLB season.

Back