• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this coming season. Less than a month until the clash, and a little over a month until my first in person race, the 500.

We also have tickets to the All-Star race at Wilkesboro. I've been following Save the Speedway on socials, and there are going to be some major upgrades before the race.

Also interested to see how quickly KYBU elevates RCR. It's just a matter of time IMO.

Last edited:
I’m sitting on pins and needles since Harvick said he’d make a decision before the season starts. I’m really hoping this isn’t the swan song.

This made me remember the golden era with Petty/Pearson/Cale/Bobby A./Donnie A./Benny Parsons/Buddy Baker/Earnhardt/young Texas Terry Labonte/Skoal Bandit Harry Gant/young Ricky Rudd/#88 DW/Neil Bonnett/Bill Elliott/AJ Foyt running Nascar and Indy/ and more.

What an incredible and incredibly likeable bunch of legends. They were NOT "cookie cutter" and I got the sense none of them had gluten free diets!

I consider 1975-1990 to be that era, but others may have timeframes that were more impactful.

The era before NASCAR moved races to Kansas, Phoenix, etc from Rockingham, N Wilkesboro, etc.

And cover up one of the best tracks on the circuit with tons of dirt.

I'm all for dirt racing, but do it on a devoted dirt track like Knoxville etc.
I’m even fine with it being at Bristol for the infrastructure, but then Bristol should have 3 dates.

Let’s also add making one of the top two 1.5 mile tracks (with Homestead) into a damn superspeedway race.

I’m even fine with it being at Bristol for the infrastructure, but then Bristol should have 3 dates.

Let’s also add making one of the top two 1.5 mile tracks (with Homestead) into a damn superspeedway race.
Taking it back even further, Atlanta should have never been reconfigured from the true oval it once was. The D-shaped ovals of the 90s were atrocious.

This made me remember the golden era with Petty/Pearson/Cale/Bobby A./Donnie A./Benny Parsons/Buddy Baker/Earnhardt/young Texas Terry Labonte/Skoal Bandit Harry Gant/young Ricky Rudd/#88 DW/Neil Bonnett/Bill Elliott/AJ Foyt running Nascar and Indy/ and more.

What an incredible and incredibly likeable bunch of legends. They were NOT "cookie cutter" and I got the sense none of them had gluten free diets!

I consider 1975-1990 to be that era, but others may have timeframes that were more impactful.
Richard Petty's characterization of the guys with the most NASCAR wins: "different."

Harvick officially announced this is his last year. I’m hopeful he goes back into ownership or I’ll likely be watching without a rooting interest until Keelan comes up.

Larson to do the 500/600 double in 2024. That means the 600 start time will be pushed back. He'll be in a McLaren with Hendrick support, so hopefully he'll have a good showing. Kurt did really well when he did the double a few years back.

Larson to do the 500/600 double in 2024. That means the 600 start time will be pushed back. He'll be in a McLaren with Hendrick support, so hopefully he'll have a good showing. Kurt did really well when he did the double a few years back.
Don’t like Larson much, but I always pull for the NASCAR guys to show up the open-wheel guys at their own game.

Another Harvick note that it appears he has already agreed to enter the Fox booth in ‘24.

Another quick NASCAR related note that SRX is moving to Thursdays next summer. I think that’s a good move for TV viewership.

Mufflers tested on the cars at Phoenix this week. Planned to be run for the Clash and the Chicago Street course.

Less than 1 month until the 500!

Mufflers tested on the cars at Phoenix this week. Planned to be run for the Clash and the Chicago Street course.

Less than 1 month until the 500!
Sounds like they tested different spoilers as well.

We may have someone back out for the All-Star race in our group of 4. If it becomes available, anyone interested in a single ticket?

Back