• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

As a younger man who didn't start following NASCAR until I started working in TV, I always thought that Ken Squier was way too over the top and dramatic. Not until I became an older gentleman did I learn to truly appreciate his genius at announcing car races. He used to be a track announcer at Charlotte whenever the PRN crew wasn't talking. He was older, but he sure still had it.

Goodbye Ken.

As a younger man who didn't start following NASCAR until I started working in TV, I always thought that Ken Squier was way too over the top and dramatic. Not until I became an older gentleman did I learn to truly appreciate his genius at announcing car races. He used to be a track announcer at Charlotte whenever the PRN crew wasn't talking. He was older, but he sure still had it.

Goodbye Ken.
He sure did. He will surely be missed

Ken was a big deal up here and it wasn't that long ago that he still made appearances on his radio station - WDEV in Waterbury, VT. On Saturday mornings, that radio station used to have a program (maybe still does?) called "Music To Go To the Dump By". I've met him a couple of times, but his voice a big part of the soundtrack of my Sunday afternoons growing up. RIP.

Back