• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

Without the safety innovations since 2001, Blaney would be suffering from a basalar skull fracture. Instead, after catching his breath, he can walk away.

The Cars Tour was thriving before they bought it. Don’t overthink it.
It was not. It had one decent year before this in popularity. It was doing fine but there are a ton of late model touring series. It has become the #1 far and away.

You are wrong. It was doing good. Them buying it definitely helped but it wasn’t about to die.

You are wrong. It was doing good. Them buying it definitely helped but it wasn’t about to die.
No it wasn’t about to die. But it also wasn’t about to surpass ARCA as the NASCAR feeder like it is now.

Last edited:
No it was about to die. But it also wasn’t about to surpass ARCA as the NASCAR feeder like it is now.

It was and is a solid, regional series. I doubt it was created to over take ARCA. I agree with you on that happening I know people that run in the series and I trust their opinions. It was and is a touring Late Model series with good car counts.

It was and is a solid, regional series. I doubt it was created to over take ARCA. I agree with you on that happening I know people that run in the series and I trust their opinions. It was and is a touring Late Model series with good car counts.
Sorry. That was a mistype. Meant “it wasn’t about to die.” It’s just gotten a lot bigger since they bought it.

They're back at the concrete bullring this weekend. We're heading up in the morning and staying in Johnson City. Looking forward to a slightly cooler weekend in the mountains of East Tennessee.

Moving the race up to 6:30 due to forecasted rain.

Bristol has always been a clusterfuck leaving the track. A few years back, we started paying for premium parking. Now we are out and on the road in 15 min or less.

Moving the race up to 6:30 due to forecasted rain.

Bristol has always been a clusterfuck leaving the track. A few years back, we started paying for premium parking. Now we are out and on the road in 15 min or less.
I’m hoping with the move from dirt back to concrete that they move one of these back to a day race. Makes it easier to attend for those of us that don’t want to camp but aren’t close enough to get home before 3 AM.

Regarding tonight, I’m worried that I’m about to watch Harvick’s last meaningful race. SHR speed in qualifying was, unsurprisingly, bad.

I’m hoping with the move from dirt back to concrete that they move one of these back to a day race. Makes it easier to attend for those of us that don’t want to camp but aren’t close enough to get home before 3 AM.

Regarding tonight, I’m worried that I’m about to watch Harvick’s last meaningful race. SHR speed in qualifying was, unsurprisingly, bad.
Well.....

Since tonight wasn't meaningful for Harvick, it means he still has one left in him right?

The short track package on this car suck swolen, infected, donkey balls.

Well.....

Since tonight wasn't meaningful for Harvick, it means he still has one left in him right?

The short track package on this car suck swolen, infected, donkey balls.
What a pathetic showing. Rodney cares nothing about stage points and it bit him in the ass. Not to mention the car was a mess. They literally just needed to finish top 25 to advance and couldn’t do it.

But you’re right. I hope he has one more win in him. I’ll be at Martinsville so I’ll hope for that. Wish I could make Phoenix for his last one but it’s not in the cards.

It is absolutely bizarre that a Wake Forest message board has a 13 page thread on NASCAR racing. Y’all need to pay more attention to WF. Jeez.

Hopefully they work out the short track package in the offseason. NWB confirmed as the home of the 2024 All-Star Race, with a repave prior to the May weekend.

Hopefully they work out the short track package in the offseason. NWB confirmed as the home of the 2024 All-Star Race, with a repave prior to the May weekend.
I was hoping for a points race but at least they’re coming back.

Heading up to NWB tomorrow for the modifieds, anyone else going to see the final race on the old asphalt?

Back