• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

If there ever comes a time, I don't go to the 500, I'd love to hit up the Rolex 24. Hell, I may end up just taking a few weeks off and spend all of speedweeks in Daytona. Maybe in retirement.

Anyone interested in a NASCAR.com fantasy league?
I'm in. Probably can get a handful others to join too.

Huge news today. Our Daytona 500 tix came in the mail, stage breaks removed from road course races, the hail melon outlawed in the future, and Brad K agrees to run the full SRX schedule.

I'm in. Probably can get a handful others to join too.

Huge news today. Our Daytona 500 tix came in the mail, stage breaks removed from road course races, the hail melon outlawed in the future, and Brad K agrees to run the full SRX schedule.
The stage change needs to be for all tracks. It will luckily make road courses watchable again.

Happy race day! Track looks to have a lot more grip than last year so hoping for a good 4-5ish hours of racing tonight.

this is so much better than the old Clashes at Daytona

Chase is only marginally better than Ty Gibbs. There....I said it.

In their last chance qualifier. Looking forward to Cypress Hill.

Harvick makes it official that he is joining the Fox booth next year to the surprise of no one.

Replaces Gordon. Makes sense as Jeff becomes a bigger force in the ownership of Hendrick Motorsports.

Well I’m hoping Harvick follows his lead into ownership too.

Does he eventually replace Smoke in SHR?
I’m hoping he replaces Haas tbh. Smoke and Kevin are best friends. They wouldn’t even have to change the name from SHR! I assume he’ll want to set up Keelan (and maybe even Piper) for a ride whenever they want it. He does still have his KHI company though which represents a ton of drivers so there could be a conflict of interest if he’s repping people to other teams while he also owns a team.

This second half has been an absolute shit show. And not in a good way.

I totally get the appeal of LA and the Coliseum, but NASCAR needs to find a better track in the area. A 1/4 mile track just doesn't produce a good product with those cars.

I totally get the appeal of LA and the Coliseum, but NASCAR needs to find a better track in the area. A 1/4 mile track just doesn't produce a good product with those cars.
They could also run more heats or something because a major problem is simply the number of cars. They could also cut the field in half at halfway I guess but then the first half would also be a shitshow.

Back