• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

Did you join the NASCAR fan rewards? I’ve already piled up some points easily with tix and other ways. You can trade them in for some cool stuff
No but I should. Between Daytona, Martinsville, the ASR and Bristol, I'm sure I'd rack up quite a few points.

the Toyotas fucking sucked. my boy Reddick is gonna miss that RCR plate track speed

the Toyotas fucking sucked. my boy Reddick is gonna miss that RCR plate track speed
It’s qualifying. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. Hamlin has been just fine in the 500 in a Toyota. Speed in the pack is more important than speed by yourself by a long shot.

It’s qualifying. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. Hamlin has been just fine in the 500 in a Toyota. Speed in the pack is more important than speed by yourself by a long shot.
Denny mention this in the Actions Detrimental podcast, which is pretty good btw.

He mentioned that with this year's aero package, he expects the Fords to qualify well, and Hendrick is always great at qualifying Daytona.

For the first time in the team's history, JGR will not run the 18 number. First time in 30 years.

of course drafting speed is more important and Bubba also runs well at plate tracks but i just don't remember Toyotas qualifying this badly as a group. looking forward to tonight
of course drafting speed is more important and Bubba also runs well at plate tracks but i just don't remember Toyotas qualifying this badly as a group. looking forward to tonight

Those towyodas really smidged up that strategy. Glad to see the 1st race end cleanly.

Made it to Savannah, pushing down to Daytona in the morning.

Those towyodas really smidged up that strategy. Glad to see the 1st race end cleanly.

Made it to Savannah, pushing down to Daytona in the morning.
That was a smooth strategy race there. Would’ve loved to see what Harv could do had the Toyotas not been there.

Last edited:
Drove by the speedway on the way to the condo. She's a beaut as always.

Picking up the Mrs. from DAB, then heading to lot 4 and going in. Glad to be back.

Sucks though, in DB Shores, they're still recovering from Ian/Nicole. Lots of sea walls, pools, and shoreline are just gone.

Last night's truck race had to be the most annoying race I've been to in person, weather wise.

I wouldn't call most of it rain, more like an annoying mist. Finally, once it did start raining, we lost the track. We left during the hour long red flag, and thankfully didn't miss much.

We listened to race control on the scanner, which was very informative. Race control was constantly in contact with the pace truck, relaying conditions, and also talking to the clean up trucks during the cautions. Before letting them go back to green, they checked with the spotters stand and got the green light from the group of spotters. The insight into the process was very interesting.

Last edited:
Easily the best renewal gift I've ever received.
a5d32d104536c25be00ab3639da23091.jpg

Getting excited! Also getting a bit emotional knowing this is the beginning of the end for Harvick. Been a fan since he was in the truck series. I’ve never had to really consider who to root for. Was an Earnhardt fan when I was little so I just stayed with RCR. I may just watch as a casual fan until Keelan comes up.

Getting excited! Also getting a bit emotional knowing this is the beginning of the end for Harvick. Been a fan since he was in the truck series. I’ve never had to really consider who to root for. Was an Earnhardt fan when I was little so I just stayed with RCR. I may just watch as a casual fan until Keelan comes up.
I said the same thing when Rusty retired. Then I followed Kahne, the Bowyer, now Blaney.

Happy for JTG, but man, what a shitshow at the end.
Yeah. I’m happy Ricky finally got one of these. He’s definitely been one of the best plate racers for years. The possibility of being taken out in some giant accident that you had nothing to do with always takes a bit of the shine off of restrictor plate races for me though. I’d probably enjoy them a lot more if I didn’t have a rooting interest.

I tried to watch the end, but this drafting “racing” is just so awful.

Back