• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

One of my favorite pics from the 500.
65787170dab9fbeb4c8821474d437b3e.jpg

I've got a feeling a sleeping giant has just been woken up.

Congrats to KyBu. I knew he'd be good, but never expected them to start like this.

I enjoyed today’s race. I will miss this Fontana layout. Hopefully that will be some additional prompting to get Indy back on the oval so we have a few more long tracks.

An eventful day in Las Vegas yesterday.

Chase Elliott with the major fuck up. Injured his left leg snowboarding yesterday, requiring surgery. Will miss this weekends race, and possibly others.

An airplane carrying crewmembers of 10 truck teams had issues on the way to Las Vegas. The passengers had to wait on another plane, and some of the crews didn't arrive until midway through the truck race. What a crazy and chaotic scene.

Stage cautions fucked this one. The whole time all I could think about was how entertaining this race would be with fuel strategy.

Josh Williams just straight up Kenny Powers'd the NASCAR officials when they asked him to park after continuing to scatter debris after a caution.

I do not see this ending well for him.

I'd argue the 92 finale is one of the top 5 races in NASCAR history. COTA should be interesting next weekend.

KHI is officially back open as a race team. Harvick will be running some CARS tour races in their cars, as will Preece and Stenhouse. The expectation from most is that Trucks and XFinity will be back soon.

With the crowd and celebs gracing COTA, I don't see NASCAR leaving this place anytime soon. I'm glad too, I like the track, and am happy for good weather today. That rain races a few years back was an absolute cluster.

Back