• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

If they want to run around a football field, they can do that at Bowman Gray. Pitiful.

well that was tedious and disappointing. the heats and last year's race was better. i'm just glad that Gragson finished ahead of little Ty because fuck him

If they want to run around a football field, they can do that at Bowman Gray. Pitiful.
Agreed. I also get the appeal of LA and NASCAR trying to move into different markets but 150 laps around a quarter mile track is too long.

Anything over 100 laps at a quarter mile track is crap. When the stadium runs 50 and 100 lap races for the modifieds and sportsman cars with the "choose cone" those are usually the best races. The longer races are get on the inside and ride. Save your stuff until the end. BOOOOORING.

Needs to go back to Daytona.

The Fox broadcast was not very good either. Best thing I did yesterday was switch to 60 Minutes, which had a great profile piece on The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Fox needs to keep Delana off tv, if they want to keep viewers next year with Harvick on the shows. Last night felt so forced, from the LA stuff, the music pieces, Waltrip's grid walk and Clint Boyer trying to be funny. Tony Stewart, hell of a driver, awful as a broadcaster. You can't hate media your whole career and suddenly think you are going to be decent broadcasting the sport.

I pray the rest of the Fox season won't be as bad as last night.

The Fox broadcast was not very good either. Best thing I did yesterday was switch to 60 Minutes, which had a great profile piece on The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Fox needs to keep Delana off tv, if they want to keep viewers next year with Harvick on the shows. Last night felt so forced, from the LA stuff, the music pieces, Waltrip's grid walk and Clint Boyer trying to be funny. Tony Stewart, hell of a driver, awful as a broadcaster. You can't hate media your whole career and suddenly think you are going to be decent broadcasting the sport.

I pray the rest of the Fox season won't be as bad as last night.
Agreed. It defintely felt forced. I'll give Tony Stewart his props, he could drive the wheels off of anything but there's something about him I just don't like and he doesn't need to be in the booth.

Also agreed about 60 minutes. That was a great piece on the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I always forget about that show. Usually some good stuff on there.

I feel so bad for Mike Joy, he is one hell of a broadcaster, and an incredibly kind and gracious man, who is stuck in a booth of crap thrown against the wall. And I'm worried that the whole season is going to be this way as FOX is just trying to figure out what to do in the future. Seems everyone is trying out for their next job.

Schedule for this week!
5532f022500e73f36981ba0047030a34.jpg

I'm jealous. Went down every year for 12-13 years straight but haven't been since 2015. Every year I say this is going to be the year I'll go back but it hasn't happened yet; maybe next year.

I'm jealous. Went down every year for 12-13 years straight but haven't been since 2015. Every year I say this is going to be the year I'll go back but it hasn't happened yet; maybe next year.
The place is completely different after Daytona rising. Honestly, it's far and away the nicest facility that I've been to on the circuit. The escalators are nice, especially when going up high.

The place is completely different after Daytona rising. Honestly, it's far and away the nicest facility that I've been to on the circuit. The escalators are nice, especially when going up high.
Oh yeah, some of the group I used to go with still go occasionally and they rave about how much better it is these days. We mostly sat in the Winston/Sprint Tower (not sure what it's called now) for the 500 and other places for the Twins, Truck, Busch races, so I can't really imagine not having to climb all those stairs on 500 day.

7 time will be racing on Sunday. I'm digging the no practice before qualifying. Qualify with what you brought.

7 time will be racing on Sunday. I'm digging the no practice before qualifying. Qualify with what you brought.
The first qualifier was not a great sign that this would go well haha.

Yep, felt bad for the Kaulig crew. Made me wonder if RCR would potentially have the same issue since they're practically butt buddies with Kaulig.
Typical Daytona though in that once my guy is out of the running for the top 2 then there is no reason to continue watching.

Womp womp.

Hoping YBRB has a strong round 2.
Did you join the NASCAR fan rewards? I’ve already piled up some points easily with tix and other ways. You can trade them in for some cool stuff

Back