• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

I always enjoyed going to the 500 in the fall. RIP Diamond Tower Terrace.
Much easier to attend than a 5-6 hour race that starts at 6 PM. I like the Roval fine, but I’d prefer a regular oval race. The novelty has worn off.

Golden boy suspended for one race, to be replaced by Lajoie. Hocevar to drive for Spire in place of Lajoie.
100% the right call but I was doubtful if Nascar would have the balls to do it.

Between the telemetry and the audio, they really didn't have an excuse not to.

Now....if they don't grant him the waiver, that'll really take balls.

Glad they did it. My wife is a LaJoie fan so she will be bothersome while I try to watch Wake baseball.

There was talk this weekend of also reviving the North/South mod shootout at NWB. Could have been the moonshine, though, but lots of people "in the know" happy to share theories.
Now that would be the absolute right call for that event. Haven't been to the NSS in several years and although I like Caraway, it didn't feel right having it there. Wilkesboro would bring a ton of mods in my opinion.

Not a good week to be a NASCAR driver named Chase.

I believe this is the largest penalty in regard to suspension length (not including drugs or jail or Larson’s fuck up), money, and points in NASCAR history.

1) I’m very doubtful that this weekend is going to be a success. I think it will be an embarrassment for NASCAR.

2) Greenville-Pickens is officially closing as of today. Absolutely devastated about that.

I'm curious if the smoke from the wildfires will impact the races this weekend.

I agree, though. I think this weekend will be a flop. Hopefully a 1 time spectacle.

A track worker died yesterday during the track setup.

With the long straights and tight 90 degree turns, this will either be follow the leader or a clusterfuck of crashes.

I read that somewhere around 65% of tickets purchased for this race were from new fans that are not in NASCAR's database. Even if it's a flop, begrudgingly, it appears to have served its purpose.

A track worker died yesterday during the track setup.

With the long straights and tight 90 degree turns, this will either be follow the leader or a clusterfuck of crashes.

I read that somewhere around 65% of tickets purchased for this race were from new fans that are not in NASCAR's database. Even if it's a flop, begrudgingly, it appears to have served its purpose.
Sounds like they were electrocuted. Awful news.

It serves its purpose if it’s entertaining, right? Or I guess if they make it into a spectacle which they seem to be doing. If it’s not entertaining, then I don’t see people tuning in again on tv.

Back