• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

Oh no. Josh Jacobs is in my starting lineup. Congrats, sleepy!

Congrats gooner! Good thing your wife is in charge; unlike a FF recap, you can't deliver a baby several weeks after it's due.
giphy.gif

Haha, that is pretty funny. Congratulations! As a Dad, with three boys (all college age), life just got a lot better!! I would give anything just to do it all over again and again!

So exciting! Will you be instructing Young Gooner in the coming years how to craft the best FF previews & recaps as well as the finer points of Commissioning?
If I can prevent my children from being beaten down by fantasy sports, I will. But if they show interest, all the mini Gooners will learn to do it the right way lol

If I can prevent my children from being beaten down by fantasy sports, I will. But if they show interest, all the mini Gooners will learn to do it the right way lol
introducing fantasy sports to kids is like introducing crack to them. don't do it

My daughter had her first fantasy team when she was 3?, as a placeholder in a league I ran, because we had an odd number of teams. She actually started making her own picks when she was 6, and won the league a couple years later.

My matchup vs @WakeForest Fan is going to come down to essentially Tyler Lockett vs DK Metcalf, as he currently has a 1.1 point lead on me. Here's to hoping Geno likes throwing to the tall guy tonight!

ROUND 1 RECAP
Welcome to Upset Town, Population: YoungBuck

giphy.gif

One round in and the playoffs have already taken a turn for the surprising. While expected results came through at the top of the bracket as @DeaconPeach and @deacon14 both secured victories as top-4 seeds, the bottom of the bracket saw both top-seeded teams fall victim to the upset bug (one a bit more surprising than the other). Let's see what went down in each of the matchups in Round 1:

Peach 90.74, @JamesSokolove 71.52
Probably the least surprising result in Round 1 saw Peach coast to victory over Edarem despite not having Tyreek Hill available to play. In his stead, Peach's secondary WRs stepped up with 14+ points each for Jayden Reed and Jakobi Meyers. A big contribution from Rachaad White alongside an important 13 points from the Houston D/ST meant that Peach didn't need to sweat much during the weekend. Edarem's last hope rested on Drew Lock's shoulders and while he was able to power the Seahawks to a comeback MNF victory, it was not from a level of production that could bring Edarem back into the matchup. Congrats on a solid season and playoff berth, Ed. Best of luck in the dynasty playoffs.

D14 75.66, @WakeForest Fan 70.06
While this matchup is not an upset on paper with the 4-seed beating the 5-seed, on the balance of the regular season, WFF would have felt like his Cocks would rise to the occasion. Unfortunately, he will spend all offseason wondering why he didn't put in Gus Edwards over Zeke Elliot and how this week of all weeks was when Miami dropped 24 points with their D/ST. WFF deserved a better run with how his team performed over the course of the year, but came up against D14 in the wrong week. D14 will be sighing massively of relief as his skill players were almost all MIA, but defense does occasionally win fantasy championships. A better performance will be needed in Round 2 against Peach, but you can only win each game when it's in front of you and D14 got across the line. Sorry to see the defending co-champ go, better luck in 2024, WFF.

@TripleDeacon 83.36, @iodeac 73.02
An upset in name only, the expected happened in Round 1 as Triple knocked off Mr. I/O to advance to Round 2. Even with Dallas capitulating in Buffalo, Triple found enough in his team elsewhere to ensure he wasn't too troubled during the weekend. Three TDs from Sam LaPorta and one each from Rashee Rice and CeeDee Lamb prevented too much of a sweat on MNF, especially with Goedert coming back from injury for Mr. I/O, but Triple will have to hope he can get real production from Dak and Najee moving forward or he could find himself on the wrong end of his semifinal. Mr. I/O will be disappointed that he dropped 5 of 8 games after his roaring 7-0 start, but also can't be too upset at his season as a whole. Just didn't have his guys come through at the final time of asking and though some points were left on the bench, you have to start your studs in the playoffs and hope it's enough. Enjoy the offseason, Mr. I/O, we will see you again next year.

@YoungBuck95 93.32, @Sleepy 47.18
Easily the shock of the season, and maybe one of the biggest playoff upsets in my tenure as commissioner, YoungBuck not only toppled top-scoring and second-seeded Sleepy, he demolished him. He Old Yeller'd him. He took his lunch money and poured the milk he bought on Sleepy's head. And all of this despite going into the weekend at negative-3 points after forgetting to replace the injured Josh Jacobs in his lineup and the LAC defense getting pounded for 63 by Las Vegas. YoungBuck woke up Saturday needing his guys to come out firing and over the next 3 days, that's exactly what they did. YoungBuck's studs showed up, and on the other side of the field, Sleepy's let him down. Only one player eclipsed the 10-point mark for Sleepy, and there are no lamentations of points left on the table as no one on his bench got to that mark either. A devastating failure in Round 1 for the odds-on favorite to win it all, and no amount of post-mortem will change that. The utmost congratulations to YoungBuck who now looks poised to make a Cinderella run, and a solemn farewell to Sleepy's Psychos as they bow out as meekly as possible.

Back