• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

ROUND 2 PREVIEW
I Want to Be Forever YoungBuck

giphy.gif

Four contenders remain, two will move on to play in the Super Bowl, one will become champion for the first time in their Pit League career. It's all to play for in Round 2 and we couldn't ask for two more different, yet both still spectacular matchups. Let's see where things might be won and lost this weekend:

@DeaconPeach vs. @deacon14
Peach has barely wavered the entire season leading into this semifinal matchup, but 2023 Rookie of the Year D14 is scrappy, a real gym rat, and has a high fantasy football IQ. He won't be a pushover. Both teams have a relatively clean bill of health going into Week 16; Peach should get Tyreek Hill back on the field for Miami and Trevor Lawrence appears to be able to push through any lingering issues with his ankle, while D14 has next to no injury concerns to speak of recently and should have his full player contingent available once again. D14 did get the better of this matchup in the regular season, defeating Peach in Week 10 during her lowest-scoring week of the season due to Tyreek Hill and D'Andre Swift both hitting their bye weeks and Trevor Lawrence getting boatraced by the 49ers. Fortunately for Peach, Swift and Hill should be going this weekend and Lawrence has a cushier matchup this time around against the Bucs, so scoring should not be the issue. What the matchup should be won and lost in is if either D/ST can pop off like Miami did for D14 in Round 1, and whether some touchdown luck for some recently starving players can reverse itself. It is very fine margins between these two teams, but as long as Peach's best players can get on the field, she seems to have enough in her favor to see it through. I hope. Desperately.

@YoungBuck95 vs. @TripleDeacon
Has YB been a sleeping giant this whole time? Seemingly out of nowhere, YB just sneaking over the playoff line has quickly turned into a potential juggernaut ready to lay waste to the entire bracket. Fortunately, the real YB will have to stand up this week as his victory over top-scoring, 2nd-seeded Sleepy earned him a matchup against second-top scorer Triple. The injury concerns for Josh Jacobs that almost resulted in disaster for YB last week should be good in Week 16, so we will see the best of both teams in Round 2, which is always nice to know that whoever gets through to the Super Bowl wasn't limping to the finish line but earned it truly on merit. And merit it shall take, as studs abound on both sides: Hurts, Mixon, and Kyren all find themselves top-10 at their positions for YB, while a massive couple of months from Dallas and a huge homestretch for LaPorta means Triple comes into Week 16 with all three players in the top-3 of their positions. It will be the bit players in the lineup that will likely make the difference though: can Tucker Kraft continue to find targets and points in Green Bay's sputtering offense? Is Rashee Rice now the WR1 that Mahomes has been searching for since Tyreek left? And can either defense get a critical influx of points to tip the scales? On pure margin for error, I still think Triple is favorite. But YB is the Cinderella story that everyone can get behind, and will be hoping he can stave off midnight for at least one more week.

Best of luck to Peach, YB, and Triple in Round 2!

Looks like Gooner’s nightmare of me winning both Pit leagues will be avoided.

That Dak/Ceedee stack was nasty

Wow. Triple had one of the best weeks of the season at the right time.

TripleDeacon (18th Pick)
  • Overall Grade: C
  • Best Pick: CeeDee Lamb, 1st Round
  • Gooner's Favorite Pick: CeeDee Lamb, 1st Round
Triple started off so well in my eyes. Got a great WR1 late in the 1st in CeeDee Lamb and got a decent RB on the wraparound in Najee Harris. I won't quibble too much on the 3rd/4th round either as DJ Moore could find a change of scenery was all he needed to get his career back on track and locking in a Dak/CeeDee stack isn't a terrible idea. But starting in Round 5, Triple lost me. No matter what format, I cannot advocate for a defense going in the 5th round with so many FLEX-eligible players still available and no other defenses leaving the board until the last pick of Round 8. Considering the amount of rookies that Triple acquired and then taking another defense with his last pick, I just didn't love what Triple got done in the back two-thirds of the draft. I hope he proves me wrong, though.

Sorry for hear, Gooner. I'll get it started for you.

Ph won the 9th place tournament.

Love you gooner. It’s all meant to be in fun. I hope things get better.

It is not because I don’t want to, it’s because I am having a really difficult time right now and cannot. Sorry, Diggler, I’ll try to get to it eventually.
Take care of yourself Gooner. Hope things get better.

I put up the 4th highest score of the week and lost in the championship by 45 points. Tough to be too upset about that, at least I didn’t lose because of a bad start/sit decision

Triple Deac, Congrats on winning the league! It is a milestone achievement! Bask in the glory! Deacon 14, Cee Dee Lamb was a killer in week 17. Just getting to the championship game in an honor! Happy '24 to all and I hope our Commish is doing well! Cheers to all, Ghost

Truth be told, fortunes in a twenty team league like this are hugely dependent on luck - I was very fortunate that I didn't have very many injuries during the season and my backups delivered when called upon. I am proud to point out that of the twelve players I drafted all remained on my roster the entire season except my seventh and eighth rounders (including both defenses that I drafted, which I streamed - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - all season long). :cool:

Thanks so much to Gooner for doing a great job as commissioner - can't wait until next year!

yes. our last discussion supra indicated that you were going through some things and i hope you're doing better.

Back