• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Since when we’re we old yellow and black? Nasty

Game worn jerseys are being auctioned off to raise funds for child abuse prevention. I looked this morning around 10 am and Brock Wilken’s jersey was at $470.

Onto extra innings. Is this the point the players realize Walters can’t manage a bullpen???

No, this was nothing more and nothing less than the part where the players were submitted to snarky comments like “Is this the point the players realize their coach can’t manage a bullpen”.

See winning bid for his jersey was $2010…..

I am certainly all for criticizing Walter when warrented, but Minacci has been money all year and if his worst stretch of the year is giving up 2 runs in 3 innings that is pretty solid.

He maybe left Golub in a batter too long but he had just gotten through the meat of their order. If you are pulling a pitcher at the first bit of trouble then you are really going to tax your pen.

I just don't see any gross mismanagment. any decision is prone to 2nd guessing.

Again I am shocked that Clemson is 3-10 in the ACC. Great fielding solid pitching and a dangerous lineup.

Yet Elon and Clemson pulled pitchers after every inning. Elon did it almost 9 innings and Clemson the last 4, once to get righty/lefty IIRC.

Need to get the win today. A bunch of other ACC results have worked out in our favor this weekend.

I am certainly all for criticizing Walter when warrented, but Minacci has been money all year and if his worst stretch of the year is giving up 2 runs in 3 innings that is pretty solid.

He maybe left Golub in a batter too long but he had just gotten through the meat of their order. If you are pulling a pitcher at the first bit of trouble then you are really going to tax your pen.

I just don't see any gross mismanagment. any decision is prone to 2nd guessing.

Again I am shocked that Clemson is 3-10 in the ACC. Great fielding solid pitching and a dangerous lineup.

Agree with all of this.
It's hilarious how many negative posters there are r.e. Wake baseball. Damn. We have great facilities and a very good club this year. We aren't going to win every game. And like every team over a long season- we will lose a few we shouldn't have. It's the nature of things.

Thanks! I just hadn’t seen that.

Kurtz with 2 homers. Up 4-3 in the 4th.

Hard to believe Clemson's record given their pitching staff.

Last edited:
Back