• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

ACC Standings and ACC Series left:

Atlantic

L'ville 9-6 (NC State, Clemson, @WF, @ VT, UVA)
NC State 10-7 (@L'ville, UNC, @ Duke, WF; one ACC game has been cancelled)
WF 10-8 (@ND, L'ville, @UNC, @NC State)
ND 8-7 (WF, BC, Pitt, @ Miami; three ACC games have been cancelled)
Clemson 4-10 (FSU, @L'ville, GT, @UVA, BC; one ACC game has been cancelled)
BC 3-15 (VT, @ND, FSU, @ Clemson)

Coastal

Miami 14-4 (Pitt, @GT, @FSU, ND)
VT 9-7 (@BC, @UVA, L'ville, Duke; two ACC games have been cancelled)
UVA 10-8 (UNC, VT, Clemson, @L'ville)
Pitt 9-8 (@Miami, Duke, @ND, GT; one ACC game has been cancelled)
GT 9-9 (Duke, Miami, @Clemson, @Pitt)
UNC 8-10 (@UVA, @NC State, WF, FSU)
Duke 6-12 (@GT, @Pitt, NC State, @VT)

Miami stands out on top. Duke, Clemson and BC at the bottom. The remaining 9 teams are all within 3 games in the standings of each other - that's one series. Very tight. FWIW, Duke swept ND this past weekend. ND series is huge for WF as ND has an easier road after WF.

Last edited:
How in the world is VT in D1 baseball’s top 10 and we haven’t been ranked by them all year. They must be upset that they over ranked us in the past couple years and refuse to acknowledge the resume we have put together up to this point.

Not convinced WF deserves to be ranked right now

WF is 5-1 against BC and Duke and 5-7 vs the rest of the ACC

Not sure VT deserves top 10, but they did take 2 of 3 from Miami in convincing fashion, and Miami had established themselves as the class of the ACC

Our resume is very similar to UVa's resume and they are 11th in the D1 baseball poll. No rhyme or reason.

Adler starting today (per Wake Baseball Instagram post) - willing to try anything to get him on track at this point.

Adler starting today (per Wake Baseball Instagram post) - willing to try anything to get him on track at this point.

yeah, great idea imo. esp since keener and mascolo are pretty valuable out of the pen that is growing progressively more important.

Adler is a sad story to me...pitches 1 and half innings and gives up 4 runs to an 11-23 App St team, at home.

That just won't cut it.......☹️

I like the move to start him against App St. try him again maybe in a one sided game. It’s tough not having the guy expected to be your closer and hurts BP depth.

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that both Adler and Wilken would be having subpar years i wouldn't peg us for 27-9

just watched walter's postgame interview -- no specifics but he sounded pretty pessimistic about nick kurtz's injury. potentially very bad news.

he had previously mentioned he wasn't costello to return to the lineup full-time either (potentially as a defensive replacement)

just watched walter's postgame interview -- no specifics but he sounded pretty pessimistic about nick kurtz's injury. potentially very bad news.

he had previously mentioned he wasn't costello to return to the lineup full-time either (potentially as a defensive replacement)

What happened to Kurtz? He and Hawke have been my favorite players to watch.

What happened to Kurtz? He and Hawke have been my favorite players to watch.

Sounded like a dislocated shoulder; that was the problem in the fall, and once you've dislocated your shoulder once you're something like 50% more likely to do it again.

ETA: He did while diving for a ground ball, I think, but didn't immediately come out. He took an AB and had an awkward swing, and that's when he came out.

Wake Regional Projections

D1 Baseball
#2 seed in Corvallis Regional (Oregon State projected #3 seed)

Baseball America
#2 seed in Athens Regional (Georgia projected #8 seed)

Both projections give the ACC 10 bids.

Back