• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Wake effectively doesn't take Jucos anymore. The one on the team this year is a fluke. Academically, he was considered an entering freshman with no credits in fall 2021. Wake doesn't accept JuCo credits, so any juco grad would-be juniors find themselves with no acceptable credits and ineligible.

This is a massive handicap that is unique to baseball.

The offense seems stagnant, resembling last year when we relied on the long ball. Not stringing hits or even decent ABs together. Wilken and Turconi ice cold.

Leadoff batter, Hawk, get four base hits, but does not score one single run! How is that for clutch hitting from 2, 3, and 4 in the lineup!

i personally agree with all the WBB vs baseball comps re: walter. i’m just skeptical we will fire him after making the tourney (if we do). like i think most of us, i was hoping he would get let go after last season.

2022 WF Baseball - 33-14-1 (11-12-1) - High Point Wed.; @UNC this Weekend

i personally agree with all the WBB vs baseball comps re: walter. i’m just skeptical we will fire him after making the tourney (if we do). like i think most of us, i was hoping he would get let go after last season.

We may not even make the ACC tourney. That would seem to be a problem for making the ncaa. Huge collapse. Or we just weren't that good and had a very weak early schedule. Either way. Surely we can do better than this. John Currie seems to actually take winning seriously. Not just looking good. We keep score

from our last nonprofit filing (which is for a couple years ago — we will get an updated one in the next month or so), walter was making $526k which is really competitive for college baseball, based on some quick research it’s definitely in the top half of the acc.

We may not even make the ACC tourney. That would seem to be a problem for making the ncaa. Huge collapse. Or we just weren't that good and had a very weak early schedule. Either way. Surely we can do better than this. John Currie seems to actually take winning seriously. Not just looking good. We keep score

We will make the ACC tourney because BC and Duke suck

We didn’t collapse. We were never good. 5-1 against BC and Duke (see above) and 6-13-1 against the rest of the ACC. And we didn’t play the two best teams.

We will make the ACC tourney because BC and Duke suck

We didn’t collapse. We were never good. 5-1 against BC and Duke (see above) and 6-13-1 against the rest of the ACC. And we didn’t play the two best teams.

This team collapsed. We had chances to win Clemson series, we totally blew the 3rd game against ND. We blew the 3rd game against UL. We have talent to be an above .500 ACC team.

This team collapsed. We had chances to win Clemson series, we totally blew the 3rd game against ND. We blew the 3rd game against UL. We have talent to be an above .500 ACC team.

We have had that talent every year for the last 6-8 years. Look how many players we’ve had drafted! At that point it’s coaching.

This move should’ve been made 6 weeks ago.

maybe, but as disappointing as wilken has been, he still has a better OPS in conference than bennett who has struggled pretty badly against good pitching until his HR yesterday.

at least it worked. however i don't get it. if it was 2-1 or 3-1 in the 8th/9th, it makes sense. no outs in the second?

the bunt was successful but i don’t think it worked. got bailed out. (i will say 1st and 2nd, no outs with an unfavorable matchup is one of the few situations where a sac bunt can make sense — but not in the 2nd inning)

5-1 good guys 3rd.

Wake's had an early lead in all 3 games of the series.

Let's close this one out. :thumbsup:

Back