• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Early season RPI was fool’s gold based on wins over NJIT

Closest thing this team has to a decent series win is taking 2 of 3 from Georgia Tech who is 12-15 in the ACC

Other than that the team has a garbage record in conference play

Currie should symbolically walk out to the mound and take the ball from Walter.

VERY discouraged--have good season till the end when you need to win and implode----maybe there is an NIT in baseball lol

Early season RPI was fool’s gold based on wins over NJIT

Closest thing this team has to a decent series win is taking 2 of 3 from Georgia Tech who is 12-15 in the ACC

Other than that the team has a garbage record in conference play

it doesn’t make any sense to me 80%+ through the season but the gaudy offensive stats definitely feel like fools gold.

It’s past time to move on from Walter. This program has great facilities. This program has great players. This program has great alum. This program is attached to a great school. Yet we have had one good season in Walter’s entire tenure.

Hartle absolutely blow…what a fool for turning down the money. Typical Walter bullshit tho, hype some kid up who sucks. Will eat a full scholarship for 4 years lol

i think hartle will have a good career, true frosh pitchers are not good in general

It’s past time to move on from Walter. This program has great facilities. This program has great players. This program has great alum. This program is attached to a great school. Yet we have had one good season in Walter’s entire tenure.

agreed, but i still think it’s more likely than not we make the tourney this year, so would be surprised if we make a move this year. and i think we should be better next year as well (granted, that rarely pans out for us). so it feels like we might still be stuck in walter purgatory for a while.

And in typical fashion we nosedive down the stretch. Please make the change Currie…

My guess is Wilken is hitting less than .200 in ACC play. .258 on the season

agreed, but i still think it’s more likely than not we make the tourney this year, so would be surprised if we make a move this year. and i think we should be better next year as well (granted, that rarely pans out for us). so it feels like we might still be stuck in walter purgatory for a while.

I predict we won't make the tourney, a likely sweep by UNC and possibly State. Even if we win 1 at State, I don't see us getting in. Similar to basketball, terrible play down the stretch and nothing great in the middle of the season. We wouldn't survive a regional, anyway.

But Walter will still be here next year....

We've invested far more in baseball than women's basketball.

Also Walter has only made one more NCAA Tournament than Hoover did. That's pathetic

we had a losing record and went 4-14 in conference. a pretty far cry from what our baseball team is doing, despite the disappointment

But W Basketball has never been successful. Our baseball team has won multiple ACC titles. Walter hasn't been close to a championship.

But W Basketball has never been successful. Our baseball team has won multiple ACC titles. Walter hasn't been close to a championship.

Those ACC titles were won under different academic circumstances than Walter faces today. Back then, Wake accepted lots of academic credits from JuCos. Today, nearly none. Because of the structure of the professional baseball draft, many good HS baseball players go to JuCo., even though they are academically qualified to attend a four year school. Walter can't touch those guys. That cuts out a big recruiting pool.

Also, Wake got some key players for those title teams when Providence U. cancelled baseball. Wake got some of their top players who were immediately eligible. That is unlikely to be repeated.

I don't see major league baseball changing its set of draft eligible years.

Will Wake change its attitude toward JuCo credits?
Wake ignores underlying credit sources when it accepts diplomas from accredited four year schools as part of the credentials for grad transfers.

Those ACC titles were won under different academic circumstances than Walter faces today. Back then, Wake accepted lots of academic credits from JuCos. Today, nearly none. Because of the structure of the professional baseball draft, many good HS baseball players go to JuCo., even though they are academically qualified to attend a four year school. Walter can't touch those guys. That cuts out a big recruiting pool.

Also, Wake got some key players for those title teams when Providence U. cancelled baseball. Wake got some of their top players who were immediately eligible. That is unlikely to be repeated.

I don't see major league baseball changing its set of draft eligible years.

Will Wake change its attitude toward JuCo credits?
Wake ignores underlying credit sources when it accepts diplomas from accredited four year schools as part of the credentials for grad transfers.
Wake got a few players from Providence during that time. It got a lot of good players that weren’t from Providence as well. As far as Juco credits, Wake took JuCos who qualified out of HS. There were also a lot of star players who came to Wake as freshman. I really fail to understand why Wake shouldn’t be good at baseball. Great tradition, strong facilities, excellent school. It’s really past time to move on. This program hasn’t been moving in the right direction for quite some time.

Back