• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

It seems pretty obvious to me that our starters in ACC tournament play should be Louder and McGraw as that would give us to be chance to go 2-0 which would likely get us in even with a win today and one in Raleigh.

We are a potent offense when we have lost the 1st two games of an ACC series.

It seems pretty obvious to me that our starters in ACC tournament play should be Louder and McGraw as that would give us to be chance to go 2-0 which would likely get us in even with a win today and one in Raleigh.

in retrospect, we should have put minacci in the rotation and used hartle as reliever, possibly closer. don’t have the stats but hartle seems solid early but gets killed the 2nd and 3rd time through the order.

Question.

I was at the game yesterday. Got back to the stadium at 4:55. UNC was hyped in warm-ups; stretching, running sprints, partner stretching, throwing, jumping in place to touch knees, and hollering. Wake, no where to be seen. Did we do no warm-ups or did I miss them before 4:55? UNC was only using the left field, so there was plenty of room for us to be out there at the same time? (No infield work due to natural turf field prep....that was the only enjoyable part of the game...miss that tradition)

This team collapsed. We had chances to win Clemson series, we totally blew the 3rd game against ND. We blew the 3rd game against UL. We have talent to be an above .500 ACC team.

started the home conference schedule losing a series to FSU and losing a series to UVA

never good

We are 0-5 in one run ACC games and tied a game that we gave away.

yes, we are

"collapsed" implies we were good, and had meaningful good results early in the season. We did not have meaningful good results early in the season. UVA beat us 16-4 on our home field over Fri-Sat early in the season. We have been scuffling along vs decent to good ACC teams all year, from mid-March to mid-May.

We are 0-5 in one run ACC games and tied a game that we gave away.

coming into today, we have scored 191 and given up 184, which means we “should” be above .500.

i don’t have data to support this, but it feels like we are consistently underperforming in this regard season after season (i know this isn’t the first time i’ve made this post), which would tell you there’s a problem.

yes, we are

"collapsed" implies we were good, and had meaningful good results early in the season. We did not have meaningful good results early in the season. UVA beat us 16-4 on our home field over Fri-Sat early in the season. We have been scuffling along vs decent to good ACC teams all year, from mid-March to mid-May.

We were 9-6 and have gone 2-8-1 since then.

Good job for McGraw pitching around questionable umpiring. He has looked really good the last two weeks.

We were 9-6 and have gone 2-8-1 since then.

9-6 included 5-1 against Duke and BC, and our only other series win against GT, who has a losing conference record

against good ACC teams, we have been consistently mediocre to poor all season

Last edited:
Good grief, Brock! You finally get on with a hit and you don't slide at 2nd and get obvious interference call!

9-6 included 5-1 against Duke and BC, and our only other series win against GT, who has a losing conference record

against good ACC teams, we have been consistently mediocre to poor all season

Of our 11 wins this year in the ACC, 1 by 2 runs, 3 by 3 runs and 7 by 5 or more runs.

Our inability to win close games 0-5 in one run games has just killed us.

But even 4-7 in those games and we would be sitting pretty to make the NCAAs and we will still be poor in close games.

Does Walter feel or have some obligation to Hartle to keep him as a weekend starter? Would we be better with a mixture of relievers? UNC went with a mixed bag for their 3rd weekend starter when they didn't have a true starter.

McGraw should be starter #2 with Keener 3. Hartle should throw during the week

Back