• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Soccer Thread - NCAA Tourney 2nd Round - Hoosiers Visit Spry 5 pm Sunday ESPN+

Perhaps the explanation is that the NCAA is exploring viewership numbers, but it’s strange that the men’s finals this year are on Monday the 12th at 6:00.

Looks like the men's and women's College Cups are on Friday/Monday on ESPNU.

I watched most of the women's final and was surprised it was on a Monday, too. Great game, though. High quality, high intensity. UNC was up 2-0 in the 80th minute, UCLA got one back. Then with less than 30 seconds left UCLA got a corner. Basically bulldozed the UNC keeper into the net and headed it in (it still took a great ball and was probably a foul? but it wasn't like an arms extended push or a running start, so I get why they let it go), then UCLA won in OT. UNC TEARS. Epic collapse just like men's bball. Gotta take 'em where you can get 'em.

Was also surprised UNC hadn't won an NCAA title since '12. Anson must have thought he had this one. And he probably should have -- don't think anyone could have complained if a foul was called on the corner, but it also took everything going right.

I'm guessing they did it to get away from the ratings monster that is the NFL on Sundays in the fall, but with the added benefit of an extra day of rest for the championship finalists. Additionally, the NCAA was forced to move the 2021 women's college cup final from Sunday to Monday at the last minute when BYU advanced to the final, so maybe they just figured it made more sense to make that the original schedule going forward.

I watched most of the women's final and was surprised it was on a Monday, too. Great game, though. High quality, high intensity. UNC was up 2-0 in the 80th minute, UCLA got one back. Then with less than 30 seconds left UCLA got a corner. Basically bulldozed the UNC keeper into the net and headed it in (it still took a great ball and was probably a foul? but it wasn't like an arms extended push or a running start, so I get why they let it go), then UCLA won in OT. UNC TEARS. Epic collapse just like men's bball. Gotta take 'em where you can get 'em.

Was also surprised UNC hadn't won an NCAA title since '12. Anson must have thought he had this one. And he probably should have -- don't think anyone could have complained if a foul was called on the corner, but it also took everything going right.

Yeah, I saw that the game was on Monday while I was flipping through channels and didn't watch because I assumed it was a replay.

I saw the highlights and I couldn’t believe they didn’t call a foul. The keeper got destroyed.

If college football and men’s college basketball can hold their championships on Monday nights, seems like soccer can too.

Creighton Syracuse has been pretty intense. Almost had a brawl just now similar to the Argentine Netherlands match this afternoon. Syracuse up 1 with four minutes left.

Cuse wins their first National Championship in penalties over IU.

MLS Superdraft today

not seeing any hype for any deacs to be drafted

looks like it would be the first time since 2015 that no Deac was drafted

MLS Superdraft today

not seeing any hype for any deacs to be drafted

looks like it would be the first time since 2015 that no Deac was drafted

We only have 3 players that entered to be draft eligible. Suzuki could maybe sneak into the 3rd round. I could see Charlotte or Atlanta taking him. (However, I don’t know what his citizenship status is, so that obvi comes into play with what type of roster spot he would take. That could be a deal breaker).

Any news from the men’s or women’s games yesterday? There never report anything about exhibitions.

Buddy of mine (not Wake related) just texted that Stephen Keel showed up on his over 40 central Jersey Sunday league team and just ran shit this morning.

Was always impressed that guy carved out a decade long mls career after just being kind of solid in college. We def had more talented guys who barely sniffed mls.

Got me thinking of those '02/'03 teams. Damn, they were stacked.

Last edited:
I’m probably the only one that cares about this, but Jack Harrison just signed a 5 year contract with Leeds United, who are currently predicted to finish 17th in the Premier League and just barely avoid relegation.

Back