• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 FB Schedule News

During the Ford years it was I Pay Ten Athletes Yearly. He was a man before his time with NIL.

One of my grandads neighbors used to “pay” the Fridge to keep an eye on his swimming pool. As a 10 year old kid it was pretty cool to get to meet him
I think that is unusually cool!

WF's lowest pre-season win total in quite awhile. Justified.

This is definitely the lowest profile WF football off-season in a while.

Not sure when it will be time for a 2024 WF Football Season Thread, but wanted to underscore this info from the WF Athletic Website:

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced that Wake Forest's spring game will be played on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. and will be broadcast on ACC Network.

I guess the ACC now decides when its members play their Spring games.

This is definitely the lowest profile WF football off-season in a while.

Not sure when it will be time for a 2024 WF Football Season Thread, but wanted to underscore this info from the WF Athletic Website:

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced that Wake Forest's spring game will be played on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. and will be broadcast on ACC Network.

I guess the ACC now decides when its members play their Spring games.
Yep, t.v. even dictates spring game scheduling. Haven't been to a spring game since televising them became a "thing", so please tell me the dude with the red shirt and digital timer on a pole doesn't stop play for commercials.
And to your point about the quiet, low-profile off-season: surely a result of last season's dissapointing results, and what has kept it low-key vs. a lot of grumbling and "hot takes" is that Clawson is on a zero hot-seat. I think the off-season vibe around basketball will be much higher profile than fb has been b/c of Forbes' status going forward.

Not to be a downer but there's very little reason to have any enthusiasm for football this year. We lost some key pieces and don't appear to have done much to replace them. So we look to have less talent than our team last year which stunk. So yeah. Not very jazzed for football.

Not to be a downer but there's very little reason to have any enthusiasm for football this year. We lost some key pieces and don't appear to have done much to replace them. So we look to have less talent than our team last year which stunk. So yeah. Not very jazzed for football.

I contend Clawson and staff brought a good bit of this mess on themselves. I still think more talent might have been salvaged if adjustments had been made in-season. How they thought our QB was going to grow 3 inches, get bigger and faster is beyond me.

I'm showing up to the first 4 games of the season then I'm done for the year. Hopefully the wife won't want to go to the Duke game

It’s gonna be rough.

Apologize if this has been covered, but according to the future football schedules website, WF opens the 2025 season against Kennesaw State. They will have transitioned to FBS by then.

So WF’s 4 OOC games in 2025 are:

Kennesaw
WCU
@ Ole Miss
Delaware

Back