• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 FB Schedule News

It’s 2 more wins than this year.

Any thoughts on what the impact would be if the stadium converted to all-chairbacks, as have othert stadiums of similar size such as Duke? Chairback prices per ticket are around $200 more than non-chairbacks in the sections immediately beside them, so that could be roughly 20,000 seats X $200.00 = another $4million in annual revenue. But there's a reason a lot of folks are in the "cheap seats" (myself included) instead of chair backs, so an extra $200 would be a hard sell for many. Of some of that extra $200 the chairbacks currently pay is based on being closer to the 50 yard line, so that has to be factored in as well .Maybe there's a price somewhere in the middle that would bring in significant additiaonl revenue while retaining most existing season ticket holders, while at the same time not alieinating current chairback holders who would be paying more of a premium for their seats at current pricing.

Last edited:
Ever notice Clemson and FSU rarely if ever have had to give up a home game to a Friday night? I'm guessing they tell the conference to go eff off with that crap. Those old snuffies that are the bulk of the season ticket holders in Clemson would revolt.

Friday also sucks since you lose a home game for hosting recruits.
Clemson used to get them more in the early 2000s. It's basically when the term Clemsoning was born. Clemson would be preseason darlings with a 7-0 record and a 4-3 NC State Wolfpack would come in on a Thursday night and ruin the hopes of returning to national relevance.

Like someone has already mentioned. It's a huge pain for schools with on campus stadiums and tailgating. Students who live on campus literally have nowhere to put their vehicles. Every inch of campus is used for football parking and tailgating. Classes are cancelled as bringing in 80k on a Thursday afternoon really disrupts the town and campus that has the infrastructure for 20k.

Last edited:
Apparently if every Wake fan gave $5, we'd have over $13M in NIL to compete with Ohio State.
Clemson started the IPTAY (I Pay Ten A Year) Program to help boost their athletics. It actually makes sense. They were NILing before NIL was a thing

Clemson started the IPTAY (I Pay Ten A Year) Program to help boost their athletics. It actually makes sense. They were NILing before NIL was a thing
During the Ford years it was I Pay Ten Athletes Yearly. He was a man before his time with NIL.

One of my grandads neighbors used to “pay” the Fridge to keep an eye on his swimming pool. As a 10 year old kid it was pretty cool to get to meet him

IPTAY is 10K per year.

If each WF fan did that, we could get our Monorail and a retractable FB roof, plus seatbacks for all.

We would still have Chartwells slop, warm beer and run out of water at home games, but it's all good.

Someone should start a 2024 Wake Forest Football season thread, but I guess this news is WF football schedule related, in John Currie's latest missive:

Additionally, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced that Wake Forest's spring game will be played on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. This will be a part of an exciting weekend for Wake Forest Athletics as the Deacs host the annual Wake Forest Track and Field Invitational at Kentner Stadium (Friday, April 19) and a baseball series against Florida State (Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21). Stay tuned to GoDeacs.com for more information!

Here is the link to the full "From the Quad" article

Someone should start a 2024 Wake Forest Football season thread, but I guess this news is WF football schedule related, in John Currie's latest missive:

Additionally, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced that Wake Forest's spring game will be played on Saturday, April 20 at 2 p.m. This will be a part of an exciting weekend for Wake Forest Athletics as the Deacs host the annual Wake Forest Track and Field Invitational at Kentner Stadium (Friday, April 19) and a baseball series against Florida State (Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21). Stay tuned to GoDeacs.com for more information!

Here is the link to the full "From the Quad" article
4/20 blaze it

Back