• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

I like the Knapp flier. He's long and has played well this year. Still think it'll be Rory, Scottie or Brooksy. Was looking at the player list and counted 12 LIV folks. Strange seeing Burmester and Ogletree qualify - I guess they must have won a RSA or Australasia event. Think Burmester did have a RSA win or 2 late last year.

I like the Knapp flier. He's long and has played well this year. Still think it'll be Rory, Scottie or Brooksy. Was looking at the player list and counted 12 LIV folks. Strange seeing Burmester and Ogletree qualify - I guess they must have won a RSA or Australasia event. Think Burmester did have a RSA win or 2 late last year.
Burmester won twice on the DP World Tour in late 2023. Both events were in his home country South Africa. He also won on the LIV tour this year. Excluding the LIV events where he has a bunch of high finishes, he has made the cut in his last eight events, including last year's PGA.

He might be worth a look in some fantasy lineups.

Burmester and English I believe have the best odds to make the cut of guys in the mid-100s and up. In the Majors Pool one of my buddies runs, they were the top two odds at the 150 point total to make it through to the weekend.

Burmester won twice on the DP World Tour in late 2023. Both events were in his home country South Africa. He also won on the LIV tour this year. Excluding the LIV events where he has a bunch of high finishes, he has made the cut in his last eight events, including last year's PGA.

He might be worth a look in some fantasy lineups.
Thought I remembered him winning 1-2 of those Nov-Dec RSA events (because I of course watch and like those). It's a shame he left the DP because he was playing the best golf of his career the last couple of years. He and Bezuidenhout are probably the best RSA golfers these days. And Burmester is quite long, so yeah, he'd be worth a look.

But why do you think that is so great? So great that a country with a horrendous human rights record and unlimited oil money wants to throw obscene amounts of money at golfers to leave a tour with tradition and a terrific charitable reputation to go play a bunch of stupid-ass exhibitions that literally no one cares about. Why is that a good thing? Because those already rich athletes will get a lot richer? Because it really sticks it to the Tour? I just don't get it.
Don’t be so self-righteous about their money and human rights when every PGA golfer has taken their money by playing there. Tiger has made about $200 million in appearance fees from Saudi, UAE, etc. Plus every corporation in America does business with them.
Do you say shit about LeBron taking shoe money from China with their terrible human rights record???? Hell no. Just listening to all the wokesters.

Do they pay YOU great money? I can see why that would appeal to the players- a lot of money to play meaningless exhibitions. Which is great if that is what you find fulfilling. But I don’t see why we should care about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are paying ALL the golfers obscene money and because they are finally listening and LIV is giving competition and they lost Koepka, Smith & Rahm the PGA has gotten off their high horse and are trying to match them. Nothing but the majors are worth watching anyway.

Don’t be so self-righteous about their money and human rights when every PGA golfer has taken their money by playing there. Tiger has made about $200 million in appearance fees from Saudi, UAE, etc. Plus every corporation in America does business with them.
Do you say shit about LeBron taking shoe money from China with their terrible human rights record???? Hell no. Just listening to all the wokesters.
OK - forget about the human rights angle for a minute - why is it a good thing? Would it be a good thing for the Saudis to throw obscene amounts of money at a bunch of NBA players to start up an 8 team league that would play a bunch of games that no one would care about or watch?
What about baseball? Baseball is an old, staid sport with tons of tradition. What if a bunch of their players, some stars, some washed-up, went and joined a league no one cares about because they got huge bags of money - would that be a good thing?

The "everyone does it" defense. Pathetic. There is a difference between the financial arm of a foriegn government trying buying off athletes to leave the PGAT to play exhibition matches for most of the year and other athletes that accept endorsement income. LeBron didn't leave the NBA to play in a league funded by the Chinese Government. Tiger didn't leave the PGAT.

LIV is an awful product which no one cares about. It has caused several quality golfers to completely tank their careers (e.g., DJ, Cam Smith) to take stupid money. It's obvious that the best two LIV golfers, Koepka and Rahm, hate playing for LIV. The PGA Tour has been watered-down and damaged. If you like the sport of golf, LIV has been a disaster. Understand the rationale for blaming the PGA Tour for creating an environment that made its stars vulnerable to the Saudis buying players (although given the amounts that the Saudis were willing to pony, it wouldn't have matter if the PGA Tour had offered more money to its stars), but LIV has caused major damage to a great sport.

For Reff, it's as simple as Trump has embraced LIV; so, I embrace LIV.

Last edited:
LIV has finally forced the PGA Tour to realize their shortcomings. Read Jimmy Dunne’s resignation letter and it will tell you all you need to know about how the PGA Tour continues to have their head in the sand. Also read Lucas Glover’s comments today about the leadership of the PGA Tour and how it’s out of wack.

The Trump thing is stupid and has no relevance to the problems w the tour. Also look at how Rory came out initially hating LIV and after some time has flipped and wants a united tour. This pissed off Tiger so they denied him a seat on the Player’s board.

A lot of petty bickering among a bunch of really rich guys.

I never watch LIV and don't care to. However, it is difficult to argue the TOUR wouldn't be stronger and more interesting with Brooks, DJ of three years ago, Rahm, DeChamblow, etc. The current TOUR depth of needle moving players is not what it used to be.
What?!?! You’re not captivated by the milquetoast personalities of Schauffele and Morikawa? Or the punchable resting bitch face of Patrick Cantlay? There’s apparently also a guy from Scottie Scheffler’s prayer group named Sam Burns. Snooze.

Who wants to explain what this guy is missing? I just don't have the energy.

Being against the Saudi takeover of sports has fuckall to do with being "woke."

Yeah, I don't view Brandel Chamblee as some social justice warrior. He's an ass, but he's not a SJW.

He must have such an empty retirement to force everything through a good for Trump/bad for Trump lens to define how he feels about things.

Mr. Thursday is off to an early lead in the PGA...

1715872887856.jpeg

i love the sound of tony finau hitting a golf ball

Ouch. That said, he has had that Tony Finau Sunday Syndrome the last couple of years. And I really like both those guys. Smith the only low LIV guy at the moment.

Xander leads the tour in final round scoring average. Sometimes other guys just play better.

Back