• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

It's pretty nuts that Haley would likely crush Biden, but despite the Koch network backing her it'll still end up being Trump/Biden and basically a coin flip where everyone hates either outcome. Plus we'll get another dozen election certification schemes and lawsuits, maybe another Jan 6th effort. Can't wait.... 🤮🤮🤮
Haley hates social security

Worth noting that Donald J Trump once owned a now defunct football team in a now defunct football league.
He literally turns his every endeavor into a shit show. He leaves everything worse off than he found it.

The Grand Compromise is going to be you don't have to return to the office but you give up your social security

They all pay lip service to hating it because it's red meat for uneducated voters, but none of them are getting rid of it.

I think it's the opposite, Republicans do hate SS and would prefer to get rid of or privatize it, but that position is so unpopular that they won't follow through.

I think they’ll follow through if they have the power. If they have the power, it’s because there are no consequences for their unpopular policies.

And boomers could give a shit if they take social security away from everyone under 50.

Last edited:
I mean if I could magically get rid of SS and increase my salary today by 8% (or 16% factoring in the employment side) and get back everything I've put in so far + earnings I'd probably do it for the instant gratification.

I think they’ll follow through if they have the power. If they have the power, it’s because there are no consequences for their unpopular policies.

And boomers could give a shot if they take social security away from everyone under 50.

I'm only 4 years away from that. Can we hold off until the 2028 election?

Back