• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

So what’s the TLDR on the debate last night?
Had it on in the background while grading labs/watching TNF on my laptop, but it sounded like both were yelling out of context stats at each other. Desantis probably looked better to Hannity's audience, but Hannity chose what stats to bring up, so it was a bit stacked. Still, I was expecting Newsom to come off as an amazing communicator, and he just rattled off a bunch of talking points (mostly right, but still. Say what you will about Mayor Pete, he is good at hearing and responding to the foxnews crowd. I did not get that from Gavin.)

Newsom was essentially on defense the whole time from what I understand. Not shocking.

Newsom was essentially on defense the whole time from what I understand. Not shocking.

I didn't watch, but I'd bet DeSantis went in on him over the exodus of people from CA in recent years.

imo he's sarcastically protesting that his campaign has to do that for ballot access but it's easy to read that first Graf as instructions so away we go

Not sure how new this is, but Vivek just endorsed Great Replacement theory in the debate.

So it wasn't a few people at the top making MOAR money at the expense if regular Joe's?

the sad thing about all of this is that if gas prices were <$2.00 a gallon Biden would have this in the bag. That's about the level of scrutiny the average American is capable of.

the sad thing about all of this is that if gas prices were <$2.00 a gallon Biden would have this in the bag. That's about the level of scrutiny the average American is capable of.
This probably isn't true. Because if gas prices were that low while a Democrat was President, FOX would not even be acknowledging that gas is a commodity that is sold in America. They'd find something else to hyperfocus on to criticize the Democrat and all their voters would go right along with that

Back